Seibon Carbon Fiber Doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 05 sti
Exclamation Seibon Carbon Fiber Doors

Hello all,

Seibon Carbon fiber doors are ready to ship for 02-05 WRX and STI.

LIST PRICE IS 2000.00 DOLLARS PER PAIR FRONT OR BACK.

YOUR PRICE IS 1645.00 SHIPPED PER PAIR INCLUDES FREE RADIATOR SHROUD.

ORDER ALL 4 DOORS AND YOUR PRICE IS 3500.00 SHIPPED WITH A FREE OEM

HOOD FOR YOUR CAR.
Attached Thumbnails Seibon Carbon Fiber Doors-seibon-doors-wrx-rear.jpg   Seibon Carbon Fiber Doors-seibon-doors-wrx.jpg  
Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 Aspen WRX RIP:2003 WRB Wrx
man................. i want these...
Old 08-03-2006, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' WRX STi
do you have pics of this on the car?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by tigsterz
+1 and when is the first mass produced entire CF body expected for the wrx or sti?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by MBasile
+1 and when is the first mass produced entire CF body expected for the wrx or sti?

Sorry sir, nothing like that yet, but SEIBON and few other vendors can provide the follwing:

FRONT DOORS

REAR DOORS

TRUNK

HOOD

FRONT FENDERS

CF WING

APR has the mirrors and we can special order front and rear cf bumpers as well as the roof if needed. So I guess that will come pretty close to your requirements.

Cheers

Last edited by FIA-WRX; 08-03-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by tigsterz
unfortunately not at the moment but I will have them on our shop time attack car over the winter as the cage gets finished. The fitment is guranteed by Seibon so if their are any issues you get a full refund inculding your shipping costs.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by FIA-WRX
Sorry sir, nothing like that yet, but SEIBON and few other vendors can provide the follwing:

FRONT DOORS

REAR DOORS

TRUNK

HOOD

FRONT FENDERS

CF WING

APR has the mirrors and we can special order front and rear cf bumpers as well as the roof if needed. So I guess that will come pretty close to your requirements.

Cheers
still would need rear fenders, roof, sideskirts, and bumpers :rotfl: I wasnt serious about wanting it though
Old 08-03-2006, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by MBasile
still would need rear fenders, roof, sideskirts, and bumpers :rotfl: I wasnt serious about wanting it though

I was just informing you that every thing other than the rear quarter panels is available in CF.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:07 AM

Car Info: 98 REYNARD CHAMPCAR
Carbon Parts

it would be neat to know if these parts are all real carbon and not just a one layer of carbon and the rest glassfibre. I just made doors for mazda miata race car using all carbon and nomex honeycomb. End wieght was 6 pounds per door!!!Fit up was perfect too. Just checked website and there no frills parts just like VIS. one layer of carbon and rest glassfibre so what. They should try to make a real composite part thats vacuum bagged and using all aero approved bits.

Last edited by 98REYNARD; 08-04-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by 98REYNARD
it would be neat to know if these parts are all real carbon and not just a one layer of carbon and the rest glassfibre. I just made doors for mazda miata race car using all carbon and nomex honeycomb. End wieght was 6 pounds per door!!!Fit up was perfect too. Just checked website and there no frills parts just like VIS. one layer of carbon and rest glassfibre so what. They should try to make a real composite part thats vacuum bagged and using all aero approved bits.
Interesting that you bring that up. I can have those built special order. The reason they use fiber glass skeleton is for rigidity as you probably very well know. I have a hood for my car that weighs 6.5 pounds but you cannot really use it on street. I may also mention that these doors should only be used with a roll cage or on show cars, these doors will not provide any crash protection.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Would love to see these, SEIBON has some impressive products.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 07 Silver Mazdaspeed 3
I need these..... Already got the fenders and trunk
Old 08-04-2006, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 98 REYNARD CHAMPCAR
Originally Posted by FIA-WRX
Interesting that you bring that up. I can have those built special order. The reason they use fiber glass skeleton is for rigidity as you probably very well know. I have a hood for my car that weighs 6.5 pounds but you cannot really use it on street. I may also mention that these doors should only be used with a roll cage or on show cars, these doors will not provide any crash protection.
YOU MAKE VERY LITTLE SENSE. GLASS FIBRE UNDERSTRUCTURE TO BE MORE RIGID THAN FULL CARBON AND HONEYCOMB. NO. TO GET THE SAME STRENGHT RATIO(FABRIC/RESIN MATRIX) IF USING A EPOXY RESIN SYSTEM YOU WOULD HAVE TO USE A WOVEN 120 STYLE S-GLASS WHICH IS JUST ABOUT THE SAME COST AS CARBON FABRIC. AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO USE THE HOOD ON THE STREET WHERE SPEEDS ARE LOWER WHY WOULD YOU USE IT ON THE RACE TRACK WHERE SPEEDS ARE MUCH HIGHER SUSTAINED.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 98REYNARD
YOU MAKE VERY LITTLE SENSE. GLASS FIBRE UNDERSTRUCTURE TO BE MORE RIGID THAN FULL CARBON AND HONEYCOMB. NO. TO GET THE SAME STRENGHT RATIO(FABRIC/RESIN MATRIX) IF USING A EPOXY RESIN SYSTEM YOU WOULD HAVE TO USE A WOVEN 120 STYLE S-GLASS WHICH IS JUST ABOUT THE SAME COST AS CARBON FABRIC. AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO USE THE HOOD ON THE STREET WHERE SPEEDS ARE LOWER WHY WOULD YOU USE IT ON THE RACE TRACK WHERE SPEEDS ARE MUCH HIGHER SUSTAINED.

Ok let's try this again...lol. The reason they use fiber glass skeleton is that because it is a cheaper way to have some what rigidity so the the door hinges and locks can be mounted. Secondly the hood cannot be popped opened but has to be removed, secondly I know of people who by CF hoods and dont use hood pins, therefore from liability stand point these items are deemed for off road use only. I hope this clarifies some of the points.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by okpanic
I need these..... Already got the fenders and trunk
In stock and good to go.

Quick Reply: Seibon Carbon Fiber Doors