Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

whats the best kinda intake for my 2000 2.5 rs four door

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:50 AM

Smile whats the best kinda intake for my 2000 2.5 rs four door

i just got my new car i've had for three months now and it came with a 76mm daul stromung exhaust and a kameleon cd plater don't like it too much myself but hey it was on it.. and i think its time for a new intake but im not too sure which ones are. i would really like to know which one is best to buy.... thanks
Old 07-31-2003, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
maybe the AEM V2
Old 06-14-2004, 04:16 PM

00" Scooby: whats the best intake?

Hey i have a 2000 subaru 2..5 rs and i thought it was about time i bought a new intake and i have no idea which one to buy i looked up three that i like so can anyone tell me whats up with the ones i picked cuz i don't know which one to chose now. tell me the good/ bad aspects of each and which one is best and why

1. AEM-S hort Ram Intake System

2. Injen- Cold Air Intake System

3. Cobb tuning- Cold Air Intake System

Please let me know asap cuz i don't wana buy the wrong one then regret it.... keep on ridin'

thanks much
Old 06-15-2004, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Merged your similar threads, then moved to a more appropriate forum.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-15-2004, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
You might also want to look at the Unifilter rampod http://www.uniflow.com.au/default.asp, I dont know that this would be the best intake for your car but I do know they have been makeing intakes for around 28 years and a lot of rally cars use them.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:39 PM

can anyone tell me about the Cobb tuning cold air intake system, i read up on it a little bite but i'd like a personal opinion more so could you please let me know?..... i think thats the one i'll go for
Old 06-15-2004, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 07 Audi RS4
Not sure if you are interested, but I have the rallitek intake and the Borla header for sale. I had them on my '98 2.5 for about 3000 miles, but i sold the car when i was able to pick up a used STi. check out Rallitek.com if you want to see pics of the stuff. The intake is black with yellow silicon and the header is SS. Email me at GSMotorsports@aol.com if interested. By the way, i loved the sound of the intake and the header has that perfect suby lump to it.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:56 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
cobb is the best intake for the ej25. It's proven to have the most gains and throughout the whole powerband. Only problem with intakes like the rallitek ones are they draw air from the engine bay, while intakes like the cobb, ganzflow, injen, draw it from the frender.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
Originally Posted by scooby00'
can anyone tell me about the Cobb tuning cold air intake system, i read up on it a little bite but i'd like a personal opinion more so could you please let me know?..... i think thats the one i'll go for
It's loud but has the best gains.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:08 AM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Ltd, 2001 Outback LL Bean
Cobb's intakes are made by PRM. They are indeed probably the best of the bunch for the EJ25, anyway.

I have a PDM-Racing CAI (www.pdm-racing.com), which is essentially a $50 version of the GanzFlow design. They're very similar, except that the pipe on mine is rather straight to the fender, whereas the newer Ganz has some bends to it.

(I have a Whiteline STB like that one, but mine's rear-facing. That one's front-facing to clear larger TMICs.)

Didn't notice much change, other than the bling factor under the hood. I didn't buy the Cobb for two reasons:

1. Too much money
2. Not having the OE airbox makes me nervous

#1 is an obvious reason. #2, well, that's just me. If I had the money, I probably wouldn't worry about it. Cobb/PRM put a lot of engineering time into the CAI, I'm sure, so it probably isn't something to sweat over. But still... having a pipe run straight to the throttle body, without the stock airbox's draining capability, I guess freaked me out a bit.

If you want to stay on the expensive side, but go very unique, there's also the GravelSports intake, which mounts like a TMIC, and looks like one too. Only it's orange.

(Okay, well, they used to be orange. Or maybe that one's just painted...)

=S2=

Last edited by Siper2; 07-05-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Ltd, 2001 Outback LL Bean
Originally Posted by Pb_Assassin
hmm, that IC lookin one looks like it might be a candidate for sucking in water also...
Well, that's part of the argument. Supposedly it's a very effective CAI, but I think a lot of people were afraid of water, with that one. Or at least, those who opened their hoodscoops were; but they're the only people who could justify that intake, IMO.

Having that with a closed scoop wouldn't help much. Probably would be worse than the OE snorkel, actually. It'd be all ambient engine bay heat.

Quick Reply: whats the best kinda intake for my 2000 2.5 rs four door