Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

What's the best intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 10:30 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally posted by Tachometer
Yeah, I hear that dcrawford guy really is da man when it comes to DIY intakes.

I wonder if he will ever get off his lazy *** and do some more serious testing with that intake setup?

Tachometer
Ya, a dyno test in comparison to his other dyno test would be good Ill offer him to pay half so I can see for myself!
Old 12-04-2002, 07:45 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
Added some more...
Old 12-13-2002, 04:52 AM

Car Info: Sedona red RS
Talking Putting em to the test!

I'm getting the Gtech Pro competion meter this christmas, I think we should test all the above listed intakes, we can then accurately say what intake is the best for what applications and overall performance, if anyone is interested in donating there intake for testing reasons please contact me, I'll pay to ship it back and the test should only take a day. What variables should we test other than HP, I was thinking tempature also, and maybe even measure the air travel, meaning what intake is getting the most air to the engine. Please inform me of the thread if this test has already been done. I think this test is way past due! I've seen to many "what intake is the best threads" and I've also wondered myself what intake is the best?
Old 12-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
if i remember correctly. someone actually did a test and measured the temp with different intake. search the nasioc site...

Quick Reply: What's the best intake?