Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Weapon R dragon intake beats most short ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:40 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
they used a civic as the test vehicle
Old 05-28-2003, 10:28 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
How does this thread apply to anything???
Old 05-28-2003, 10:32 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Wow, that's great.... someone threw an intake on a VTEC-equipeed Honda with an 8000 rpm redline, and it runs 15.5@87.... awesome.

Weapon-R intakes are the WORST possible intake for a Subaru. Period. You're better off going to Home Depot and running heater ducting out through your hood scoop.

Last edited by Kevin M; 05-28-2003 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:46 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by BAN SUVS
Wow, that's great.... someone threw an intake on a VTEC-equipeed Honda with an 8000 rpm redline, and it runs 15.5@87.... awesome.

Weapon-R intakes are the WORST possible intake for a Subaru. Period. You're better off going to Home Depot and running heater ducting out through your hood scoop.

Agreed...

-Gagan
Old 05-30-2003, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Why are you worried about pulling water from the top of your fender (it doesn't happen if you don't go trolling for bass with your car) but not worried about detonation from running lean with that intake?

As I said before, Cobb is expensive- but a Ganzflow isn't. I paid half for mine what a Weapon-R costs, and I have a decent filter to boot.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:31 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally posted by Derek800
No, sorry maybe you should guess again, i am not am employee of that company, i am actually a butcher from michigan, i just purchased this ram air system and it seems to me that it'll work just fine once i put on the ram air connection, everyone is going around saying oh, you should get the cobb cold air, well first of all i do not want to cough that kind of money for a bent piece of aluminum with a filter on the end, and second of all with a cold air induction comes a lot of worries especially if you actually do take your car offroading in the mud, such as how much water is my intake going to suck in today. Well anyways, i was just posting this to show some dyno tests that show that this intake isn't as bad as everyone is saying afterall, for someone that doesn't feel like getting ripped off for a over priced piece of pipe. And you know what i really don't care that the test vehicle was a honda and not a subaru, i was just using this to show that it will still give a decent gain in horsepower. Now if you want to go off and spend three or four hundred for an intake, thats your issue, not mine. I'm just fine with this, and i saved a lot of money too.
If you were trying to save money you should have made the damn thing yourself huh?
Old 06-03-2003, 05:27 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
Originally posted by Forestar
It doesn't matter which intake you get. Gains are minimal on the 2.5L, regardless if you just pull your silencer off and get a K&N drop in, or go off an spend a ridiculous ammount on an aftermarket intake. It just depends what you want to spend for an extra 5HP(maybe ) difference. It's kinda like the short shifters and all the other crap you can spend hundreds on that really won't do too much. But if you have the cash, why not. There are worst things you can spend it on.
Do you have evidence to back this up? Every dyno I've seen has been a good amount more than 5hp. If anything I'd say gains are unusually high on an EJ25.

Weapon *R sucks. There is more to life than peak power. Cobb has more power under the curve.

JC

Quick Reply: Weapon R dragon intake beats most short ram