Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

sounds like a honda!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 05 sti 95 rs 07 impreza
sounds like a honda!!! HELP!!!

(i posted this on the exhaust thread hope i get more help here tho)

i have a question and this looks like the place to ask it i did the exhaust on my 07 (i have 06 sti exhaust on it now) i did a 2.5" from exhahaust manifold back and it sounds like a dam honda!! i hate it!!! i wanted to get that traditional wrx/sti sound is it because its not turbo?? do i need to upgrade exhaust maifold w/ no cats??? i had a exhaust from ebay( $50) welded it my self and still sounded like a dam honda just louder!!! any help or sound clips ive been i youtube but sound quality was not good any help from my suby fam is appreciated
Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5i
well ever since subaru switched to equal length headers (even on the wrx and sti) there is no more rumble...so if that is the sound you are looking for you need to get un-equal length headers...

as for the exhaust being from the headers back...do you mean from the cat back? cause if you removed the cat then that is another reason it prolly sounds like a honda...

as for it sounding like a honda...it might only sound like that inside the car, have someone drive your car while you are outside it and see if it still sounds like one...i know some days i think my car sounds like rice but then i've had people compliment me on the way it sounds...so i don't know what is wrong with your car, maybe there is an exhaust leak somewhere?

btw im running a stromung XA 2.25" CBE
Old 05-31-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by zavier
well ever since subaru switched to equal length headers (even on the wrx and sti) there is no more rumble...so if that is the sound you are looking for you need to get un-equal length headers...

as for the exhaust being from the headers back...do you mean from the cat back? cause if you removed the cat then that is another reason it prolly sounds like a honda...

as for it sounding like a honda...it might only sound like that inside the car, have someone drive your car while you are outside it and see if it still sounds like one...i know some days i think my car sounds like rice but then i've had people compliment me on the way it sounds...so i don't know what is wrong with your car, maybe there is an exhaust leak somewhere?

million thanks i did my friends 07 sti and has that signature sound rumble. but you said that equal length headers makes no more rumble can i get 01 or lower rs2.5 headers and just install with ez or do i need other parts ?? anyone have the borla headers hows the sound??? do you have any video clips or sound clips of ur stromung ??? thanks again in advan
Old 05-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 07 impreza 2.5i
ADD A DAMN RESINATOR TO THE 2.5" CUSTOM EXHAUST! you will NOT sound like a "honda"
Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Vizzionz
ADD A DAMN RESINATOR TO THE 2.5" CUSTOM EXHAUST! you will NOT sound like a "honda"
i just did yesterday i wanted to get that rumble subys make how can i get that ??? upgrade exhaust manifold with deleted cats??? ive been looking for sound clips cant find any just one good one from 2001 2.5rs n/a .any help anyone??????
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by dori suby
i just did yesterday i wanted to get that rumble subys make how can i get that ??? upgrade exhaust manifold with deleted cats??? ive been looking for sound clips cant find any just one good one from 2001 2.5rs n/a .any help anyone??????
Nope won't work. Find a 02-05 exhaust manifold from a WRX/STi or you can get an after market unequal length header.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Nope won't work. Find a 02-05 exhaust manifold from a WRX/STi or you can get an after market unequal length header.
i have a stock 05 sti header will this work ?? i just have to fab the pipe to turbo to connect to my exhaust
Old 06-02-2007, 01:53 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
^ crap didn't even read you had a N/A. I don't really know much about the 2.5 rs engine. Sorry...
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Car Info: was a 02 wrx now a beast
do the new sti and wrx's have an e-l-h? I have not heard that yet but then agen I have been only workin on 02-05's. If I remember right though my buddys 06 wrx sounds like a subaru still I wonder how he still has that sound without a elh.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 AM

yes the 06-07's for the 2.5i, wrx and sti all use EL
Old 06-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 07 impreza 2.5i
yes the 06-07's for the 2.5i, wrx and sti all use EL
but the wrx/sti stock header dont have a cat built into them like the 06/07 2.5i's
Old 06-03-2007, 01:03 PM

right cause they have it in the dp...same thing
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM

Car Info: 2007 OBP Impreza 2.5i SE 4EAT

I hear the same thing. at times, I sound like a G35 in my head up til 4,500RPMs, then it just gets real loud [still stock] but I notice that after the meet I went to, I can hear my Boxer sound a bit more now. I didn't konw all 06/07's Imprez's had EL-Headers....cool! I no longer hear the Honda tone

~Clinton
Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Clin10
I hear the same thing. at times, I sound like a G35 in my head up til 4,500RPMs, then it just gets real loud [still stock] but I notice that after the meet I went to, I can hear my Boxer sound a bit more now. I didn't konw all 06/07's Imprez's had EL-Headers....cool! I no longer hear the Honda tone

~Clinton
so did you do any moddes??? if you get a aggressive traditional suby sound because i dont get any sound(put back stock) . also will the 98-01 2.5rs UEL header work to get the sound??? any sound clips from any body is much much appreciated!!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
i love that sound when it sounds like a honda since they went with those headers.

Quick Reply: sounds like a honda!!! HELP!!!