Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Need Information on LPG or LNG Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS Blue Ridge Pearl
Need Information on LPG or LNG Conversion

Hi Everyone!

I am very interested in converting my Impreza 2.5 RS into dual-fuel running LNG (Liquified Natural Gas; methane) or LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas; propane).

This conversion (to LPG) is very commonplace in Europe where most fuel stations have gasoline, diesel, and LPG right at the pump. LPG and LNG is extremely cheap compared to gasoline, and is even better for the engine.

Is anyone aware of kits sold in the United States for conversion? I am afraid I will have to order a kit from Europe, but not many companies are willing to deal with our silly importation laws...

I am also looking for residential methane (natural gas) compressors for use in compressing the home natural gas into the tank for vehicle refueling at home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And when my conversion happens this summer, I will let everyone know the results!

Cheers,

J