Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Hi guys been gone for a while need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Car Info: 03 Legacy GT Wagon
Hi guys been gone for a while need some help

Well I used to be here all the time. I used to have a 02' Wrx wagon but I sold it a few years ago. I couldn't stay away from the dark side. I picked up a 2000 Outback Legacy wagon about 3 months ago and total love that thing. I also picked up a 93 Impreza L AWD w/EJ18 Auto and am having some problems with it(bought it knowing).
I'm getting a misfire and loosing power upon load going uphill in the lower rpm's. I can hear the motor backfire but as soon as I press the gas harder it seems to clear up and runs smooth. When I hit a stop sign it starts all over again.
At idle when I rev the motor I can hear it miss when it settles back down you can't even tell the motor is running. I've cleared the ecu..it had no codes stored. I changed the plugs/wires/fuel filter and ran some SeaFoam through the intake(blew out smoke like crazy). Any thought on what else I can try? Also the fuse was installed under the hood for the AWD so the car was running in FWD mode, I pulled the fuse and dash light went out. Drove the car... when I make sharp turns, like U...the back end seems to be bucking and binding a little. Could it be because I have mismatched tires in the rear? I believe that the FWD mode is made for Auto's so you can run with the different size spares. So could this be the case with the bucking of the rear end? Cause in straight the car seems good.
Thanks in advance for help in this matter.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:39 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Which car is having the problems?
Sounds like a problem with the center diff.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:56 AM

Car Info: 03 Legacy GT Wagon
Having problems with the Impreza. Could the diff be causing the misfiring problem. Cause in it still misses in FWD mode. I read that some said misfire or backfire problems they were having were caused by the diff or along those lines.
And a bad diff would only be obvious in tight turns I was also under the impression that there would be some indacation in the straights.