Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Borla Catback questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:23 AM

Car Info: 2001 L Sedan
Borla Catback questions

So im pretty new to the whole scene, and the site and im currently running on an '01 L sedan (impreza) which is basically bone stock aside from a k&n filter ^.^, but hey you've gotta start somewhere right? So im thinking about putting a borla catback on her, but i just have a couple questions.

1) Does anyone know the diameter of the borla catback for my year and model? (presumably someone who owns one) The main concern is just the result that the catback is gonna have on my low end torque, so if any one has any knowledge about that id appreciate it

2) This is most likely a silly question, but i wont need a remap for something like a catback right?

Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to read and comment and what not.

P.S. I hope im not asking questions that have been completely beaten to death in some other post. I did a search about this stuff and didn't come up with anything, but if this is the case, by all means refer me
Thanks again
Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 2001 L Sedan
also, its a 2.2 liter
Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM

Car Info: '99 2.5RS
I have a '99 RS, and a Borla 14885 catback. The piping size doesn't seem much, if at all, bigger than stock. I would measure the cross section, but its on the car right now. I really doubt it would affect your torque.

And most people just recommend resetting the ECU should be sufficient. I figure with the piping being just about the same size as stock, it wont be too much for the ECU to handle.