Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

2.5i questions?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 subaru impreza
2.5i questions?

alright guys im new to the subaru world ( i mean completely new) i have a 2006 2.5i impreza N/A 5 spd and i was wondering if the 2006 wrx is the same exact same engine besides the turbo and all the extra stuff that has in it?

i want to buy aftermarket injen cold air intake for a start, but seems like everything says wrx or sti for the 2006 and thats why im asking because it would suck if i buy it and wont fit on my impreza please please please help me would appreciate it very much!!!! thank you guys for the support and sorry for this dumb question
Old 11-04-2008, 12:42 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Yeah I dont think the 2.5i supports the same as the turbo models. another difference is you are SOHC where as the wrx/sti are DOHC. I also was looking at pics of the engine bay setup and they are every different from what i can see. Look at the intake setup. I would probably do some reasearch and find the right products for your car. I am sure SPT make ssoemthing for yoru car. I will see what I can find and I will let you know

where as the wrx/sti is such

so as far as intakes go it looks liek you might have to get something more specific to yoru model. your intake is in a way diff setup than turbo model.

exhaust may be the same but that may be diff too since exhaust branches out from a down pipe for turbo models and yours most likely comes from the exhaust manifolds.

I believe my info is correct but i could be wrong as I am not very familiar with non-turbo platforms. Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 11-04-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 AM

here this should help you.

intake

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...5-p-19054.html

exhaust

http://www.subarupartsmall.com/produ...oducts_id=1272

now the 2005 should fit the 2006. The diff in name is 2002-2005 it was the 2.5rs the 2006-2007 it was the 2.5i. The intake may not be the same for the 2.5i and the 2.5 gt as i blieve the gt is turbo.

Most everything is interchangable between the 2002-2007. as long as you stick with your platform. (non-turbo vs turbo) forexample my exhaust will fit on all 2002-2007 wrx or sti, however my intake is way diff than what you would have based on the injen pic i posted for you in that link.

be sure to use the search when you are on here as it can save you some time and keep you from getting flamed for not using it.

I am really really bored i why i took the time to try to help out. welcome to i-club and I hope you find everythign you are looking for.

goodluck, dont trust everything I say make sure you do plenty of research and find the right parts... if you dont well dont blame me
Old 11-04-2008, 10:15 AM

...... SOHC......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hummm i guess its going to be hard to find part for this car if anyone has this engine and had after market parts please list them so that i can find them its going to be harder than i thought
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Try calling a shop, like GST Motorsports. Not only will they tell you parts that will be compatible, but they will tell you how to get the most bang for your buck, and show you where to start.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 PM

Talking

hey guys if yall have the ej253 (SOHC) engine and have done work to it show it off using pics and list the parts as well

Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
AWD IMPREZA.... if you need an intake the weapon r secret weapon short ram will fit...i have it in mine and its a big difference.... you have any questions pm me
Old 11-05-2008, 11:56 PM

Car Info: me crazy when you ask "what suspension u on?"
Originally Posted by AWD_IMPREZA
hey guys if yall have the ej253 (SOHC) engine and have done work to it show it off using pics and list the parts as well

It's actually an EL253 and I don't know the exact reasons why. But, I have a K&N Big Typhoon intake, meant for a WRX, in mine. I just retrofitted it to work.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Paradox
It's actually an EL253 and I don't know the exact reasons why. But, I have a K&N Big Typhoon intake, meant for a WRX, in mine. I just retrofitted it to work.
are you sure? i checked it up every were and gives me the ej253 engine model i even looked it up on owner manual and says the same. by the way can you take a pic of your work and show it to me? i really want a CAI
Old 11-16-2008, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
^ buy a cosmo short ram or cold air intake.

Or just buy the pipping from EBAY, and hook up a 'hybrid' intake, connecting the aftermarket pipping to your stock air filter box.

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...d=150&pid=1499
http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...d=226&pid=1498
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM

Car Info: me crazy when you ask "what suspension u on?"
Originally Posted by AWD_IMPREZA
are you sure? i checked it up every were and gives me the ej253 engine model i even looked it up on owner manual and says the same. by the way can you take a pic of your work and show it to me? i really want a CAI

I'm pretty sure its an EL and again I don't really know exactly why. In my owners manual, probably yours too, it only describes the WRX and sub-mentions the 2.5i/Outback. I guess it doesn't really matter anyways.

My intake isn't a cold air, but a shot of my engine bay can be found in the Shine and Show forum.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:12 PM

On the driver side under your hood but abouve the strut is a metal plate. it will tell you your engine where my make shift arrow is pointing
.................................................. .................................................. ................|
.................................................. .................................................. ................|
.................................................. .................................................. ................V

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 11-18-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
I have a stock 2007 impreza 2.5i, and there is a clear white part that connects to the air intake box, does anyone know or have a picture of the whole part?
Old 04-07-2016, 05:32 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
HOLY BUMP BATMAN!

The jug under the filter box?
Old 04-07-2016, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/?ui...1&disp=safe&zw

This is a picture of what I can see, I cant tell if the white tube just goes towards the wheal then turns back around and comes out, or if there is a another tube that goes down from it where I can not see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.5i questions?