Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Turbosmart IGW75 Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 05:36 AM

Car Info: 2013 Subaru WRX Limited
Turbosmart IGW75 Actuator

Hi Guys,

Does anybody around here currently use or have used the turbosmart IGW75 internal wastegate actuator upgrade?

If so, please let me know your feedback regarding this mod. Is it worth it?

Here's the story:

I am currently running a Stage 1 + AEM CAI setup.
I would be installing a Invidia Catless Downpipe this week and get a protune.

My tuner which is a protune certified, is also my tuner for my haltech other vehicle. He recommended to upgrade at the same time my IGW with the turbosmart which he has successfully used before in other vehicles, sti and evo. He claims it holds better the boost through the rpm range and is more responsive to the tune.

I read about six or seven [5 stars] reviews around the internet in sites such as rallysportdirect among others, which all people claim more power and responsiveness due to faster boost response, and they all seems amazed. Also the people from motoiq.com highly recommend it in their testing. http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...5-and-BPV.aspx

"Until we used the IWG 75 the thought of "upgrading" the internal wastegate had never crossed our mind; after spending time with the car it really is quite a change and we recommend that whatever internally gated turbo you are using you consider the IWG75 as a necessary upgrade. Of course our other mods. made HUGE power but the little IWG75 made such a large difference in how we use and drive the car we suggest it as one of your first modifications! "

I am really considering it. But I would like to share and receive feedback and experiences from you guys..

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Save your expense elsewhere the stock actuator works just fine. I've tried everything imaginable with the stock turbo from a helper spring, bigger actuator, porting, and etc. If you want to take full advantage of the turbo consider going the external wastegate route, helps with the mechanical boost creep as well. Header(el) will also net you some good gains in the mid-range but not necessary. Simplicity is your best bet when owning these cars.

Regards,

Ron
Old 11-19-2014, 07:23 PM

Car Info: Legacy
Originally Posted by STINGR
Save your expense elsewhere the stock actuator works just fine. I've tried everything imaginable with the stock turbo from a helper spring, bigger actuator, porting, and etc. If you want to take full advantage of the turbo consider going the external wastegate route, helps with the mechanical boost creep as well. Header(el) will also net you some good gains in the mid-range but not necessary. Simplicity is your best bet when owning these cars.

Regards,

Ron
+1 agree