Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Need A.i.t. Help A.s.a.p. !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM STi
Unhappy Need A.i.t. Help A.s.a.p. !!!!!!

ok... so i had a custom 3" maf housing and intake made for my 2006 wrx..... took it for tuning... and i was reading a.i.t's of 114 degrees...... andit was only 65 out....... so i redesigned another, during test it was 62 out and i was reading a.i.t's of 71-74 degrees. what temps should i be seeing? i cant find an answer anywhere....... can anyone please help...... post, PM or email me.... if you can thanks in advance
lifeexpires@yahoo.com
Old 03-05-2008, 04:08 PM

BUMP HELP!!!! does anyone have an answer? no pro tuners out there that can help?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 PM

bump!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Can you post some pictures of your custom creation? It would help us diagnose any potential problems.

Also, was the hood open during testing? Had the car been driven prior to testing or had it cooled down?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 PM

basically i copeid the perrin big maf kit, but instead of aluminium, the maf housing is made out of carbon fiber..... and the silicon coupler is a little shorter..... mike had me on the dyno at GST ( hood shut) and i was getting temps of 111-114. so of course he had to pull 2 degrees of timing..... boooo... so he told me i needed to move the maf inside the fender ( will not fit with my FMIC) so i made a new intake, and got way lower Intake Air Temperature readings..... 71-74 when it was 61-64... i just dont know how close i should be to outside air..... if i need to make aheat shield or induction pipe or something....... hey dont you know earl?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 PM

Earl bought some of the parts off my STi - I think the camber plates.

A heat shield will help to some degree - if for nothing else than to keep direct engine heat off the intake.

Is there any ducting of outside air like you have with the stock box? Bringing in some outside air might help. Even reusing the stock under hood scoop is worth a shot. Although I would try bringing in some 3" flexible ducting from a foglight or brake duct. You can do something really cheaply for testing purposes and then refine it if it shows significant gains.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 PM

thats what i was thinking.... i hear the stock wrx reads around 5 degrees hotter than outside temps...... i was hoping someone wiht a healty running car and an AP2 could give me some readings from thier cars......
Old 03-06-2008, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 1995 GX Wagon AWD EJ18
Maybe a sweet mod like this would help you although you'd lose the sex apeal of carbon fibre, girls like shiny stuff better anyway

https://www.i-club.com/forums/engine-power-non-turbo-all-non-turbo-imprezas-61/cais-radiant-heat-transfer-180412/
Old 03-07-2008, 05:52 AM

ha. thanks for the link, my wife prefers the QUALITY of carbon fiber.... like diamonds vs. zirconian haha..... guess i will work on a heat shield and induction box this weekend, since no one can is willing to give me some reading from thier healthy running car......
Old 03-07-2008, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by AWDnutjob
ha. thanks for the link, my wife prefers the QUALITY of carbon fiber.... like diamonds vs. zirconian haha..... guess i will work on a heat shield and induction box this weekend, since no one can is willing to give me some reading from thier healthy running car......
It would be worth it for you to drive over to dbtuned since you live in Folsom. Paul is an engineer and will have some good advice for you.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:40 PM

hmmmmmm i dont think we click well... everytime i call him it seems like he is pissed off. so no one has the cobb AP2?
Old 03-08-2008, 07:56 AM

hmmmmmm i dont think we click well... everytime i call him it seems like he is pissed off. so no one has the cobb AP2?
Go talk to him in person.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:27 AM

i dont need anyont to tell WHAT to build.... i just need ot know what temps i should be seeing....... no trying to come off as a jerk here....... i am good at fabriating...... guess i will just get it as low as possible since i cant find a single subie owner that will take 3 minutes out of thier life to plug thier AP in and see what thier intake temp is at idle and at 50 miles an hour....... oh and does paul work on saturdays ? rarely do i get anyone to answer even on a weekday
Old 03-08-2008, 09:12 AM

i dont need anyont to tell WHAT to build.... i just need ot know what temps i should be seeing....... no trying to come off as a jerk here....... i am good at fabriating...... guess i will just get it as low as possible since i cant find a single subie owner that will take 3 minutes out of thier life to plug thier AP in and see what thier intake temp is at idle and at 50 miles an hour....... oh and does paul work on saturdays ? rarely do i get anyone to answer even on a weekday
Paul works some Saturdays. I don't know if it's a set schedule or a by appt thing.

I'd help you but I have no more STi and I never owned an AP.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:47 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Me?
Sound pissed off?

When did you call?
When you called, did you leave a brief, but detailed message?
Are you "mushmouthed", meaning you have a hard time speaking in such a way that others can understand you?

Here's the deal....

In the past, phone rings...I answer it...fax machine/salesperson/charity beggars/etc.
Wastes my time.

Customers that value my time, products, and services are willing to leave a message.
And seeing that the real world does not mirror the interweb world, don't expect me to call you back within minutes.

I do not provide tech support for products you bought on line/another shop, services/tuning you got from another shop.

I am in business to make money.
Period.
End of story.

Now, if I can assist people when I deem it appropriate, I will.
If you are working on something that interests me, please stop by the shop & show it off.
Put forth an effort & I'll reciprocate.

Quick Reply: Need A.i.t. Help A.s.a.p. !!!!!!