Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

just stopped runnng at high speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 PM

Car Info: 2005 suby sti
just stopped runnng at high speed

05 STI well i just had one code p0011 or p1100 it was the cam position sensor bank 1 over advance error. driving in excess 6th gear high rpm car cut out and jus started engine breaking through gears tried poppin the clutch a few times no results. got the car home

i checked fuel, didnt check to see if there was pressure while it was pumping but it had fuel in the lines. then checked spark i had great spark cupped my hand around to make it darker and little more visible. WAP! yeah i got spark lol! and then compression i checked when car had not run for a few days i only had 90psi on bank one when i jus turned the car over about 3-4 times per cylinder. wondering if gas from turning it over and over could have thinned the oil out in the rings? could the way i checked compression be a false reading?

i did pull the motor out checked the heads out didnt look bad. but i had them done any way. pistons rod and main bearing journals look good.replacing oil, takin out the in tank fuel filter installing one under hood "easier access and changeability" i ll then recheck the fuel,
. im getting ready to put the motor back in this weekend. does anyone have an extra cam position sensor i can test with? anybody have any ideas or suggestions does anybody know of any errors that could completly keep your car from running with compression,spark and fuel there? HELP please!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 2005 suby sti
so motor back in threw two codes on inital start up p0103 maf air temp , p0113 intake temp high circuit or vise verse. looked around found the two hoses on the air flow valve backwards
car then started right up and sounds to me like catostrophic rod knock

anybody know the difference in cost from getting a short block or rebuilding
Old 05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Rebuilding costs will highly depend on what's damaged in the block. Our stage 1 shortblock build is $2700, but that's assuming you have a good block case, rods, and crank. If you have as much rod knock as you're talking about, your crank is likely damaged, and possibly a rod or two as well. That can add $400-$500 to the price.

You can buy a brand new shortblock from Subaru for about $2200, but expect to have to replace the pistons in the near future.

Feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions.

Thanks
-- Ed