Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Does anyone believe that this intake makes up to 30hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 subaru sti
Does anyone believe that this intake makes up to 30hp

I came across this and I'm in full disbelieve that this limited edition injen CAI made +30hp for the STI. What do you guys think?

http://store1.vividracing.com/catalo...a2bd87411cba6b
Old 12-05-2004, 03:24 PM

what?

i hope it is true too... i would grab one for sure if it is true
Old 12-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
do this **** after WG porting (on a VF39) if you have an earlier '04 STi, and I'd use it in combination with a catted DP and a EcuTek flash.

I'm not sure If I trust their dyno readings though, and I don't generally like aftermarket intakes on WRX/STi unless its for a non-stocl location aftermarket turbo install.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
nope, not even close

I dont even feel I need to elaborate on this, but no intake will make that kind of power, thats good turboback power. And most CAIs like that have been proven to lose power in most cases.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
nope, not even close

I dont even feel I need to elaborate on this, but no intake will make that kind of power, thats good turboback power. And most CAIs like that have been proven to lose power in most cases.
typhoon does make gain, but it is not cai
Old 12-07-2004, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Vivid also sells the magical "+9 HP grounding kit"...

Look out, it's the horsepower fairy! She waves her wand, and you get magical HP for nothing! :-)
Old 12-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by kool168
typhoon does make gain, but it is not cai

yes short rams can make decent power, my buddy Kevin was the STI that they designed it on and dynoed with
Old 12-08-2004, 12:53 AM

ITs a limited edition intake...so it must make the 30 hp
When they come out with the limited anniversy edition next year it should make bout 35 hp

NA...B.S.
I think they picked up about 12 hp with the K&N intake system from stock.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:35 AM

Car Info: 04 STi/67 rotary 311/C20/DT Barracuda
These guys have great marketing excellent customer service yet a crappy finished product...nuff said Injen is da poop
Old 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Talking

Originally Posted by injentech
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and that's why we have these great forums. In regards to the our new RS1201 Cold air system for the STi, yes you will actually see these types of results. We in no way guarantee that everyone will get the same HP gains, and no company in their right mind would gurantee results, so to accurately state the gains you have to use "up to." I hope everyone realizes that every car is not the same and there are a lot of variables involved- Some may get less some may get more HP...It all depends. We even have the dyno results to prove it. We use our very own 2wd/4wd DYNOJET Dyno- the same type that Nascar uses. Remember, that all dynos are not the same as well- Anyone with dyno experience can confirm this as well. All the STi's we tested have been stock with no mods whatsoever.

Do you really think we would go as far as to discredit our name by producing false claims? Not very likely and surely would be very distasteful on our part. We have always backed up our claims with actual results, even in independent tests- have concluded our systems to make power. So please keep that in mind.

The RS1201 is a truly amazing cold air system hands down!

I am also looking at this intake (sorry you guys did not ship over the holiday or it would be going in this Friday). So for the rest of the non-believers or one's who want to know, I will install this unit and it will be dynoed on a Mustang dyno (this will read lower than the dynojet). Injen makes great products, and just assuming it is a marketing ploy is unfair to the manufacturer.

FYI - 2005 STI w/ Invidia turboback, ECUtek reflash. I'm expecting gains from this product. Remember the STI is responding differently than the WRX did for tuning. Especially on the Torque side.

I will be doing this as soon as the intakes are shipped, unless Injen wants to give me one sooner
Old 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I have heard good things about the Injen CAI, we will be doing some testing with them. If I see any gains out of it over the stock airbox I will be running one for sure.

they have CARB numbers as well.. thats always a huge bonus
Old 12-22-2004, 12:43 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by doubleurx
I am also looking at this intake (sorry you guys did not ship over the holiday or it would be going in this Friday). So for the rest of the non-believers or one's who want to know, I will install this unit and it will be dynoed on a Mustang dyno (this will read lower than the dynojet). Injen makes great products, and just assuming it is a marketing ploy is unfair to the manufacturer.

FYI - 2005 STI w/ Invidia turboback, ECUtek reflash. I'm expecting gains from this product. Remember the STI is responding differently than the WRX did for tuning. Especially on the Torque side.

I will be doing this as soon as the intakes are shipped, unless Injen wants to give me one sooner

haha Nick, stop beggin.. we are both waiting for them
Old 12-22-2004, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Originally Posted by Scott@S-S
haha Nick, stop beggin.. we are both waiting for them
Boy you find people in the strangest places. Beg, smeg, I just spoke to Nate and now I want that G10 Turbo. Have fun tomorrow, can't wait to see the numbers.

Quick Reply: Does anyone believe that this intake makes up to 30hp