Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Blow Off Valves As Tested By Me

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 02:01 PM

heard the best will be the stock by pass valve set up.
just remove the intake sliencer then the noise will be louder if you run a stock by pass valve set up.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by BBSTi
ive removed the silencer, and you can in fact, hear the intake suck the air right up....sounds so nice, and it does make the stock blow off valve sound louder. I want to invest into a GFB blow off valve but ive herd different things, Ive herd that if you have a turbo back exhaust witch I do, then the blow off valve will cause back fireing. A buddy of mine had turbo back exhaust on his 02 wrx and it was back fireing so he took it to vishnu, he didnt even tell shiv that he had a blow off valve and he ask him if he had one, and told him to take it off.....i dunno if anybody else has herd of this but i would like to know before i buy one, ill try to do more research
if you car is running TBE, it is more likely you will experiencing the exhaust shooting flames...
very often and common in STI... coz the stock ECU tends to run rich, with the BOV without vent that recirculate will make the car runs richer too

reason of the is the unburn fuel in the exhaust and the high temp of the exhaust burn the fuel and you see those flames shooting out from the tailpipes... and TBE will make it much noticable...

and in my opinion shooting flame is a cool thing
Old 06-19-2004, 08:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 yellow wrx
my cars pops flames all the time, and unless you have a cop behind you its fun, but it is a little uncontrolble and i feel like a cop would have an issue with it!

any one know how to put on the recurculation hose, it is really hard to get back on any one have any tricks?
Old 09-30-2004, 03:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by turbo04
Was thinking about going with the greedy or blitz but what do you guys think go with one of these or just stay stock, but I cant here my bov now is it because of my air box, do i need a intake to here the stock bov thank for you help guys.
I think the Greddy Type-S sounds crazy at 100% atmospheric (it was made for 100% recirc) and the blitz is cool but it's a bit low on sound. It is loud but not as loud as it could be. It just has an air "whoosh" sound.

As for making your stock BOV louder, take out the intake silencer (it's behind the fender wall, so you will have to jack up your car to take it out. I've taken it out on two cars already. It was a pain in the *** on the wagon though, probably because the fender is slimmer).

Anybody know what the Turbosmart dual vent sounds like? Does it sound like the Turbo XS RFL? (I personally don't like the RFL... it sounds like a street fighter punch sound).

-GDO
Old 10-21-2005, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
Originally Posted by Onizuka
I think the Greddy Type-S sounds crazy at 100% atmospheric (it was made for 100% recirc) and the blitz is cool but it's a bit low on sound. It is loud but not as loud as it could be. It just has an air "whoosh" sound.

As for making your stock BOV louder, take out the intake silencer (it's behind the fender wall, so you will have to jack up your car to take it out. I've taken it out on two cars already. It was a pain in the *** on the wagon though, probably because the fender is slimmer).

Anybody know what the Turbosmart dual vent sounds like? Does it sound like the Turbo XS RFL? (I personally don't like the RFL... it sounds like a street fighter punch sound).

-GDO
STREET FIGHTER PUNCH SOUND LMFAOOOOO... ive been trying to describe its sound FOREVER, and u just nailed it right on, HAHAHA
Old 10-21-2005, 08:09 AM

Car Info: 94 Honda Accord...not for long
What do you guys think about SARD R2D2? I hear that they are really nice and they mount underneath the intercooler so it's hidden from the cops and whoever else that looks under the hood. So far I haven't heard anything bad about these.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:21 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
I have the HKS SSQV, I love it, makes a ton of different noises depending on boost level and how quick you let off the throttle. It's part of a GT35R setup and has de-catted up/down pipes. I do, however, have a high flow cat in the exhaust, so I don't get flames out of my tail pipe, but it sounds like gun fire some times. I drove through downtown Philly with my car and after one of the pops I saw a few people hit the decks, hahahaha.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 2006 Black STI
Anyone with the Perrin BOV?