Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

AP 06 WRX Cobb

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:40 PM

Car Info: 06' Subaru IMPREZA WRX FP18g
AP 06 WRX Cobb

does the map already come preloaded? or i have to download it from the site b4 i load it up? i just got my accessport..i wanna make sure it has map b4 i marry it to come ecu, thanks guys
Old 05-25-2006, 08:10 PM

I believe it will come w/ stock, valet, Stg 1 &2 maps (based on my previous experience w/ a 2002 version if I remember correctly). For me with a 2006 version now, I need the CA version and they had told me that it doesn't get pre-loaded so gotta use the computer initially to load it up.

BTW, do you know what to expect for Stg 2 miles per gallon? Just curious 'coz gas is not so cheap these days.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:51 PM

oh ok. should i upload the realtime map or base? im doing the CA-stage 1 since its recomended. im still confuse wats the difference realtime and basemap. can somebody help me?
Old 05-28-2006, 01:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
to put it as simply... basemap is a full REFLASH, setting your "baseline" as whatever you choose it to be... Stock/Stg1/Stg2, etc... Then you can do a Realtime flash... For example if you do a Basemap of a Stage I... you drive to Roscoes for some Chicken and Waffles... for some special occasion, hoodlums are valeting your car... You dont want them abusing it now do you? So you do a Realtime flash of Valet Mode... Meaning youre covering up the Stage I with a Valet Map, making your Valet the current map you will run....

Some choose to run STOCK for baseline, then put like a Stage I for REALTIME... but to have the full potential its recommended to run what you want as the baseline...

Also if you remove the battery/drain it, or somehow do a standard reflash... it will go to your basemap...
Old 05-28-2006, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Boost Addict
to put it as simply... basemap is a full REFLASH, setting your "baseline" as whatever you choose it to be... Stock/Stg1/Stg2, etc... Then you can do a Realtime flash... For example if you do a Basemap of a Stage I... you drive to Roscoes for some Chicken and Waffles... for some special occasion, hoodlums are valeting your car... You dont want them abusing it now do you? So you do a Realtime flash of Valet Mode... Meaning youre covering up the Stage I with a Valet Map, making your Valet the current map you will run....

Some choose to run STOCK for baseline, then put like a Stage I for REALTIME... but to have the full potential its recommended to run what you want as the baseline...

Also if you remove the battery/drain it, or somehow do a standard reflash... it will go to your basemap...

That a Big help man..thanks! Im actually running both base and map, i dont know if that make sense. thats wat it says on the NOTES, if i run base then put realtime on top of it.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
No prob! It seems youve loaded the Stage 1 as the Base and the Realtime... thats perfect. Meaning if, God forbid, you leave your lights on, battery drains, then jump the car... you will LOSE your REALTIME map and be running what your BASELINE is set at.. so yeah, I'd run it the same way... same example: if you had Stock Loaded as base and STg1 as realtime, battery dies, you get a jump, you lose the STg1, and youre running Base: in this case, Stock
Old 06-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 2006 350z soon2B 2007 STI
does anyone have a pic of the 06 cobb white sti. it is sick...