Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

What mods do I need in order to get more lowend and midrange power?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 09:53 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by spdkills
I am sorry for not postin up my mods first with the post, but I have a greedy catback a helix dp on order and the silencer mod and the 3/16. Sorry bout that
I can't believe no one caught that!! I was laughing my *** off!!!

Oh yeah, a straight through muffler will definitely help.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:53 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sportwagon 292WHP
Higher compression?

Works great for everybody else, but you will then need to do some serious tuing to stay away from detonation.

Alex...

P.S. ECUTEC done by Shiv works wonders!
Old 02-12-2003, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
BOOST CONTROLLER.

Forget all this remapping. For $200 to $300 you can get excellent and safe response... just take some advice first on how to tune the controller. Dont waste your time with a manual. Get an electronic controller.

Why do I say forget remapping? Because unless your car is reaching towards the highly modified stage, its a waste of money. You can do the same, just as safely with a boost controller and stock ECU on a mild to moderately modified car.

Don't get sucked into the marketing.

I only have a cat back exhaust, sillicon IC hoses and an EBC set to a max of 15.8 PSI and I've already shaved 1/2 a second off my drag times from the professional drag times (14.2s) from folks in SportCompactCar and Car & Driver (or was it MotorTrend, I forget). That's right, I'm hitting high 13s with only that stuff and there are guys on I-Club doing better with only more skill. I figure once I get an uppipe and single racing cat in the downpipe I will be in the mid 13s. Believe me, the difference is definately felt down on the bottom.

The best part? I can change my car back to stock whenever I want, all by myself.... for free.

jason

Last edited by mmboost; 02-12-2003 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: What mods do I need in order to get more lowend and midrange power?