Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
What to do?

I an a new member and i realy need so advice. I bought a 2002 subaru wrx about a year and a half ago. Untill now i have had only minor problems, like slight fuel starvation and sparkplugs. Besides that the car has run great and i have had no problems. Wheni bought the car it had a lot of work done to it. I am not shure about what has been done to the car,but i do know that it has a piggy back ecu, turboxs full 3.5' into 3' cat back exaust, magnaflow muffler, and a turboxs manual boost contorler. I put a K&N ram-air cold air intake and a Turboxs blow off valve on it. It is boosting 20psi and the previous owner said that it was tuned by turboxs and it has about 320hp. The car runs about even with my brothers police package Lt1 Z28 camaro. But anyway this past weekend it started missing and as soon as I go it off the road i died and never started back. I took all the plugs out and tried to crank it but the motor was so tight that it barly will turn over. I think i spun a rod bearing and it is locking my motor up, and i am unsur as to what to do. I know i have to either rebuild the car or buy a new motor. If i was going to rebuild the motor I would probibly try to make a 2.2 stroker. I have herd that the stroke on a 2.5 crank is the correct stroke for a 2.2 stroker but i do not konw if that crank will fit in the EJ205 block. I appreciate any help thanks.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
I really have never heard of this but that's not to say it hasn't been done. If I were you I'd check out NASIOC and see what they have to say. As a side note you'd probably be better off with a 2.5 shortblock.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Holy old post batman
Old 02-14-2015, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
And why did you bump it for?