Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

up/dp sugestion

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
up/dp sugestion

well i'm planning on getting a uppipe and a down pip what is good for a WRX? i have heard the flex has really good fitment what about performance wise? i'm currently at a vishnu sub zero but i think i want to go with the xede, does anyone know if i just pay the price difference between sub zero and the xede price? any other up/dp combo that has worked good for you? i want somthing subtle not obnoxiously loud, a little rumble and only gets loud if i really step on it. thanks
Old 05-28-2005, 02:41 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by truWRXtacy
well i'm planning on getting a uppipe and a down pip what is good for a WRX? i have heard the flex has really good fitment what about performance wise? i'm currently at a vishnu sub zero but i think i want to go with the xede, does anyone know if i just pay the price difference between sub zero and the xede price? any other up/dp combo that has worked good for you? i want somthing subtle not obnoxiously loud, a little rumble and only gets loud if i really step on it. thanks
No price break on the XEDE going from a reflash that I'm aware of. Price break (you pay the difference) only applies if you upgrade from one Vishnu Stage kit to a higher one - also does not apply if you use third-party pieces. Do you need to utilize the XEDE capability to use more than one map? If not, stick with the reflash. Call Vishnu Performance for specific information on pricing - (925) 648-7863.

Some folks I know have gone the 3" catless downpipe route only to find that it was a bit much in sound levels. A catalytic converter will tend to cut noise level on most exhaust systems at the cost of some additional restriction. Everything is a trade-off.

'Loud' is a subjective thing, though. I now think that my Strömung catback makes my car too loud. I can imagine how the addition of a 3" catless downpipe and midpipe would affect noise output on my car, which is a daily driver.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
so if i'm going from reflash to xede i gota pay $9xx? if thats the case maybe i should just upgrade to stage zero with xede