Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Perrin Exhaust Question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 PM

Car Info: gone
Perrin Exhaust Question...

Whats the difference between Perrin Single tip exhaust with dual tube and single tube?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:13 AM

good night bump...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Speeding101
Whats the difference between Perrin Single tip exhaust with dual tube and single tube?
one has 2 pipes, the other has 1 pipe.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
one has 2 pipes, the other has 1 pipe.
well duh!!! i know that... i mean performance and sound wise... i have no idea what the difference is in that respect.... does anyone?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM

good night bump...
im really really curious... PLZ HELP!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
dude, i told u, call perrin, or talk to Paul..

u aren't gunna get an answer here...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:17 PM

i know ryan and i will... ON A WEEKDAY.... sry but i was wondering if i could find a possible answer here... you know i do do everything for a reason... im not as dumb as you think i am...
Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
this is from the Perrin Web site.
Dual-Tube™
For WRX and STi owners a specialty system is now available, using dual 2.25” exhaust pipes to carry exhaust gasses and unwanted sound to the rear of the vehicle, and exiting through a 4” slash-cut tip. This system is designed for clients with far higher horsepower than stock.
http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...gory=6&model=2

and here's what JSC Speed says about it:

Designed for WRX & STi owners pushing large amounts of power from aftermarket turbos and other modifications, the Perrin dual-tube exhaust is designed to outperform all other catback exhausts on the market. At the downpipe, the Perrin dual-tube exhaust begins with a 3" diameter pipe, then splits into two 2.25" tubes for optimal flow (4.5" overall diameter) which continue all the way into the muffler for optimal flow. The Perrin dual tube WRX & STi catback exhaust system is designed to give the flow of a 4+ inch diameter pipe without the fitment issues, and it tucks up underneath the car nicely.
While the Perrin dual tube exhaust has exceptional flow, it is not that much louder than comparable catback exhausts, making it a great all-around exhaust for your WRX or STi. The Perrin dual tube exhaust is full stainless steel for longevity and quality; you will not find a better exhaust for your big turbo Suby!
http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/exhaust/...tubesystem.htm

I have the 3" dual tip/single tube exhaust. I love it, it sounds excellent and if you get the sport tone the mid pipe has a resonator so the sound is MUCH quieter than the straight pipe version (which I also have). It also is a very aesthetically pleasing system, and VERY solid. I believe it has 1/2" flanges...uber beefy. The Dual tube version is mostly for race applications where there are huge turbo's and extreme tunes involved.

Last edited by GotBoost?; 09-08-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:49 PM

so then out of curiosity.... how do you think it would perform and soundon a stage 2 WRX? would it sound similar to the single tube?

Last edited by Speeding101; 09-08-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: left some STUFF out...
Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
so then out of curiosity.... how do you think it would perform and soundon a stage 2 WRX? would it sound similar to the single tube?
My guess is that it would sound pretty much the same, but to be honest I think that might be too much flow for only a stage 2 WRX. The dual tubes equate to a 4.5" diameter single pipe, so unless you are running something like a GT35(R) or a Superzilla or something really big, I would suggest the single 3" version. If you open up the exhaust too much you will gain some HP but start to lose torque.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 PM

i know ryan and i will... ON A WEEKDAY.... sry but i was wondering if i could find a possible answer here... you know i do do everything for a reason... im not as dumb as you think i am...
im not saying ur stupid bro, but the best answer will come from Perrin...

i haven learned to not listen to things on forums anymore...

learn from the creators, or the best...

not from random people on forums..
Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
My guess is that it would sound pretty much the same, but to be honest I think that might be too much flow for only a stage 2 WRX. The dual tubes equate to a 4.5" diameter single pipe, so unless you are running something like a GT35(R) or a Superzilla or something really big, I would suggest the single 3" version. If you open up the exhaust too much you will gain some HP but start to lose torque.
that is completely true....

the dual tube(i read up some lol while trevor thought i was calling him a dumbass i did what he should have done, gone to perrin) is meant for something with a huge turbo, the stage 2 wrx still uses a stock TD04 which is very small and doesn't need the huge piping... the dual tube creates more flow for the GT turbos for helping spool.. but adding it to the td04 only creates to little of back pressure and causes a lack of torque(which will create a feeling of lack in top end).

happy trevor, should have just read perrin and it was easy to understand..
Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Perrin will sound good on anything, with perrin you really cant go wrong
Old 09-10-2008, 04:02 PM

dude... Ryan... i never said i wouldn't talk to the creators... actually i did better than you and talked to the tech department for perrin for the past few days... ever since i started this forum.... i know how things work and according to perrin the exhaust still creates just enough back pressure for the TD04 to run to its potential but it allows for bigger turbos or cars with 350whp+ to run at a more optimal level... i will probably post the e-mail convo for everyone else to see what perrin said, but the reason i was asking on the forum is to have peoples first hand input if they happened to have the exhaust...
Old 09-10-2008, 04:55 PM

never ****ing mind, im tired of trying to exp[lain **** to u over a ****ing message.. ill probably see u on friday...

Quick Reply: Perrin Exhaust Question...