Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

omori EGT gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx wagon
omori EGT gauge

Hi, i got the omori 60mm egt gauge.. i lost the instruction so i need some help

What size of tap do i use? standard or metrix and specific size? thanks a lot
Old 10-24-2003, 08:45 AM

Car Info: http://goo.gl/XpkO0b & '99 SF 'S'
I'm sure you can search for the information or ask Thaison of J-Spectuning. Also, this little tidbit brings up concerns...

Attention all current and future customers and distributors:

Please be advised that our manufacturer in Japan has made a decision to no longer supply the North American market with products and additional parts. The manufacturer has informed us "There is no need to worry about customer service, guarantees, dealership, promotion, etc." This is incredibly frustrating for us as we are here to provide products and support for the North American market. Unfortunately, when the manufacturer demonstrates that it has no interest in supporting the North American market any further, we are left with angry customers who are owed products, backorders that cannot be filled, warranty claims that go ignored, and no inventory of products to supply.

At this time it needs to be made clear that Omori Meter North America is in NO WAY responsible for the situation that has transpired. The management of our manufacturer in Japan refuses to respond to our requests and demands for products we are owed. They show no interest in supporting the North American customer base we have developed. We have worked hard to provide all of our customers a tremendous level of service, but without manufacturer support we are left in a hopeless position.

Many of the innovative products we have promised you over the past year were designed and developed under our guidance at our expense. Production of these items was scheduled back as far as July 2002, and the manufacturer still has not produced these items for our customer base as we have promised. What this means is that many of these new products, while they do exist, have not been produced by the manufacturer as we were promised for MONTHS.

All of the above issues have gone unexplained by our manufacturer, Omori Meter Mfg. Co, Ltd. They REFUSE to provide any logical reasoning for their actions, but it has become clear they couln't care less about the North American market. This is unfortunate as all indications were for a bright future here.

To summarize, we want all of you to understand that we are currently taking legal action on behalf of ourselves, our distributors and all of our current and future customers to deliver all products owed and promised and restore proper distribution and support to North America. We regret that it has come to this, but we are still here and committed to helping our customers, even if we cannot do so as quickly as we'd like. We are pursuing this using every possible resource and avenue available to us at this time and we are moving forward as quickly as the law allows. We ask that you bear with us until we can rectify this situation.

Omori North America
(401) 783-9029

© 2001-2003 Omori North America
Old 10-24-2003, 08:52 AM

Car Info: http://goo.gl/XpkO0b & '99 SF 'S'
I found the following for installing EGT sensor on another site...

Drill need
Drill bit 11/32
NPT 1/8 tap (sears has them for like 4 bucks) (DEFI NPT, Greddy BSPT (From england) and Omori (NPT or NP same thing)

I would suggest the mainfold be taken off.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Omori NA bites ***, but not to worry- J-Spec Tuning is a licensed distrubutor for Omori Japan, so if you buy anything from him, you know you can count on him to take care of any problems that may arise.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
take the manifold off completely when you do this, well atleast the half you are tapping. make sure you clean all the metal shavings out/off of the manifold with brakleen or something like it before you put it back together. you do not want those shavings going into your uppipe, and into your turbo.