Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Helix catted DP fitament and cel fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:56 PM

Question Helix catted DP fitament and cel fix

I have read reviews for the last 2 hours on a couple forums and still have not seen a straight yes or no to the question "does a catted helix DP fit with a stock catback on a 2002 wrx wagon". I was just going to put on my new gutted uppipe when i found all the bolts fused and rusted together on both the oem midpipe and downpipe. I decided that now is as good a time as any to replace that rusty crap since i have a bolt stuck in the midpipe and dont feel the need to go to a muffler shop and have them work on a part worth less than a happy meal. So i have a helix downpipe with the highflow cat on the way here. I just need to know if it will fit with my stock catback. Or maybe it will fit with some slight modification (cutting, hammering, praying) i also have had the cel fix for the up/down pipes that i have had for a while waiting to get these things installed. I have the dp cel fix that looks like 2 hollow screws matted together to take the sensor out of the middle of the pipe. Will that work with my catted dp and 02 wrx. also my friend has an STI and he has his stock STI catback for sale for 100 bucks. If i buy it will it make a difference along with the gutted uppipe and helix dp? any coments would be apreciated.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 04 wrb wrx
i had my catted helix dp on with my stock cat back for a day, and it fit fine, no leaks that i could notice, and no cel fixes required either since it has a cat in it. but it was only for a day, then my helix cat back came in, but while it was on for that day, it was perfectly fine.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:57 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX
Have my Helix Catted downpipe mated to SPT exhaust(no modification). It has the same connector style as stock exhaust. I used the flat gasket that came with the downpipe, but picking up a donut gasket might be a better option(if that fits.. I dunno). Been on for about a month, no leaks that I can tell. Not a wagon though.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Originally Posted by symby
Have my Helix Catted downpipe mated to SPT exhaust(no modification). It has the same connector style as stock exhaust. I used the flat gasket that came with the downpipe, but picking up a donut gasket might be a better option(if that fits.. I dunno). Been on for about a month, no leaks that I can tell. Not a wagon though.
but do you like your set up?? did you feel an increase in power?