Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Which ecu managment for these mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:00 PM

Question Which ecu managment for these mods

i am looking to get my ecu tuned but i dont know which device to get. I see a lot about ECUtek, UTEC, Vishnu, ect.... but i dont know which to get. I have a ram air intake and i want to be able to have my garage tune the ecu for my intake and i saw that the cobb doesnt really do that. I was in a rally with a bunch of other subys and some of those guys were telling me to get ECUtek. I would like to get one that controls boost so i can take my mbc out of my car. I was going to lean towards the ECUtek because i wanted to get the Data Monitor also that switches maps and shows all kinds of diagnostics but i have no idea how accurate the data monitor is. Anyone got any input on any of these. I am moving to North Carolina in the Ashville area and i dont think that there are any garages out there who sell any of these things so i would like to know where online to purchase these things if you guys know a good place.
Ryan
Old 05-04-2005, 07:07 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
The data monitor reads directly off your ECU, so it is pretty accurate.

Unless you plan on tuning yourself or want to run race gas maps, I would suggest the ECUtek reflash. It is a safe and proven technology.

If you do want to be able to fiddle with the tune yourself or need to have a street map and race gas map, then something like the UTEC, Vishnu Xede, or even the Cobb AP would be for you. Do some research on each and talk to folks that have one or the other.

Personally I have an ECUtek reflash and am quite happy with the results.