Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

CEL.....is dealer giving me grief?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 07:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I'd agree. If you wanted to get into a pissing contest with the guy you could assert that he has no idea of what is causing the CEL. Additionally, you could take 'the law' with you; meaning the written law that addresses warranties and such http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124,http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128, andThe Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. I don't know if you can find the actual verbage of the law in those 2 links, but if you did a search, you could.

If not, you're left with trying to find a more understanding dealer/service dept; or just do what Jimmy says to do.

Pat

Last edited by gpatmac; 12-09-2002 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
yes
Old 12-13-2002, 01:03 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX TurboXS Stage 4
I ordered a mod that was supposed to eliminate o2 Cel warnings but I got a letter telling me the product had been taken off the market for reliability issues. the one I looked at is the only one I know of. Does any one else have an alternative to the "SUBARUSTORE o2 simulator for WRX". Or a mod that would fix the problem. And what is a MIL eliminator?
Old 12-16-2002, 01:16 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX TurboXS Stage 4
ROOT

Thanks for the link. I went ahead and ordered one from them. It will be nice not to have the CEL on constsntly so I can tell if any "real" problems arise.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:21 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Originally posted by djphrenzy
On my current car (99 Eclipse GS - Stage II HRC Turbo) I can pull codes by turning the key on and off three times, then counting the blinks of the CEL. Is there something similar on the Subs?

Dodge is like this too. But this does not apply to Subaru's.

Quick Reply: CEL.....is dealer giving me grief?