Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

50mm Boost gauge & pod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 05:13 AM

Car Info: '02 Stage 2 WRX
50mm Boost gauge & pod?

Hi folks,

I just recently purchased an HKS boost gauge (listed at 50mm diameter) and I am inquiring about a pod for it. I do not have any aftermarket gauges for my car, not do I have the stock boost gauge & pod. I have tried doing searches both here and on Yahoo, Google, etc. and I have been having a hard time finding the info I'm looking for. Does anyone make a 50mm gauge pod? (single pod... doesn't really matter exactly where it's mounted... preferably on the steering wheel, or off to the side on the dash somewhere, etc.) I had read that the stock boost gauge pod can fit anywhere from 46mm-52mm so this sounds like it could work for me? I tried finding an OEM or OEM replica pod like that but came up short. What is the biggest size pod I can fit it in without any problems? Same with the opposite (smallest pod size I can fit it in). Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is my first gauge to go into any of my cars. Thank you!

BTW, it's going in an '02 sedan if it matters.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:52 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Most gauges are 52mm or 60mm, but if yours is really 50mm, you can always wrap the back part in tape to make the diameter bigger (i.e.: 52mm) so it will fit in any of the standard 52mm pods.

The stock pod (the one thta replaces the clock) is more like 46mm IIRC. There used to be a guy that sold a faceplate for it that allowed you to install 52mm gauges. ( dcatapult@hotmail.com ) I don't know if he still does it, but you can check.

Other than that, you can get a-pillar pods, and non-stock center pods that replace the clock. Autometer makes a dual pod that replaces the surround of the gauge cluster. This guy was selling one here: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ighlight=omori
Old 07-21-2005, 03:22 PM

Chances are it is a 52mm gauge. I haven't recieved it yet so I am not positive yet. Wasn't there an OEM boost gauge that mounted on the steering column? I'd like to keep my clock if possible (in the regular location) and hopefully find a pod that went on the steering column. I always thought it was OEM, but it could be aftermarket... not sure.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
The OEM one is smaller than 52mm:

Old 07-21-2005, 06:25 PM

Ah, yeah.. that is pretty small. I figured it might be able to squeeze a 52mm or so but I guess not. I'm thinking about one of the Subiegal pods. They seem sort of expensive for what they are, but they're the only thing I can really find that's like that. If I don't feel like dishing out the cash for one of those, I might just get a regular Autometer mounting brace or something like that for cheap. It doesn't need to be that flashy really.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
Originally Posted by turbo tecnica
Ah, yeah.. that is pretty small. I figured it might be able to squeeze a 52mm or so but I guess not. I'm thinking about one of the Subiegal pods. They seem sort of expensive for what they are, but they're the only thing I can really find that's like that. If I don't feel like dishing out the cash for one of those, I might just get a regular Autometer mounting brace or something like that for cheap. It doesn't need to be that flashy really.
Save a little money up, and go for the SubieGal one... its a CLEAN mounting option... I know AVO makes one as well, but I'd go for the Subie Gal... Why save 40 bucks and half *** your car? I'm sure you take a great deal of pride in your car, so if you like something thats a bit of a stretch but still practically in reach, go for it....
Old 07-22-2005, 03:57 AM

Yeah, might as well. Thanks!