Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

what do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
what do i do?

so this might not be enough information but ill tell it any way. i just bought a 2003 wrx with 45000 miles on it. i have recently found out that the car has been in a accident and the body is a little krinkled rear left tire area. the frame and everything else seems to be fine and he replaced all the body parts. he also replaced the rear strut with one from a wrx in a junkyard. also he did a engine swap for a 2.5 liter but not from an sti. it has a 04 sti turbo with a bov, there is also a after market inter cooler, fuel lines, stage 2 clutch and flywheel, and bigger injectors. so from what it seems the 2nd previous owner did these mods (and i have no contact with him) took off some of the stuff off the car because the ecu is stock and also from a junkyard, and intake and rear strut as i mentioned before. this is all i know right now. from what i have been told is that running that ecu on the motor in there now is horrible for the car and the engine can already be on the verge of dieing. so do i put the money into re mapping the ecu and tuning everything so it runs right or do i not even bother and just sell the car (which i bought for 9000).
Old 02-06-2009, 05:33 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
honestly its a huge headache and a big cluster F

if its a NA 2.5 not built definately sell the car

its going to be more than 9 k to get that car right

get the right ecu tune it then the motor will go eventually

sorry wish it was an easy happy awsner

what serial number on the mtor?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:48 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
wow that seems like a big ****ing headache... this is why you buy stock. anyways, try to find out which engine model. then you need to decide with which engine management you're going to use to tune if you DO decide to keep it...
Old 02-06-2009, 05:55 PM

how do i find the seri
Old 02-06-2009, 05:58 PM

how do i find the serial number and engine model etc? so depending on the motor it might be ok with the right map? (with the 04sti turbo). i know i should have bought stock but it was an impulse buy and i should have got it checked out. learned my lesson and wont do it again
Old 02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
serilal number is on top of the block where the two case halfs joins up by the tranny or by the two case halfs in the middle of the block on top