Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Feedback on the Turbo XS UTec

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 10:14 AM

Car Info: full race 02 Prodrive widebody with 2.5 Cosworth
Feedback on the Turbo XS UTec

What are some openions on the Turbo XS UTec? I think I am going to buy this but I was wondering if anyone had any comments on it before I do so.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:16 PM

Location: Perrin Race DP Perrin Up-pipe Blitz Nur-spec CB Blitz LM intake TXS UTEC GFB BOV
I'll give full detail when I receive mine tommorow.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:29 PM

Location: Perrin Race DP Perrin Up-pipe Blitz Nur-spec CB Blitz LM intake TXS UTEC GFB BOV
The car feels great with just UTEC stage 1, I can only imagine what stage 4 feels like. Twelvz, what are you running?
Old 02-13-2003, 09:30 AM

Question

I dont see any sig.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:34 AM

Ouch that sucks, well at least it looks like your IC is in one piece. How did you turn out, and what did you hit?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I can't compare the UTEC with any other engine management, but it is a very worthwhile addition to your car.

The logging capability is an awesome tool.
On a car with no logging capability you don't know if you're car is knocking. As soon as you pull to a stop after logging for a while....like down the 1/4 mile, you can immediately tune out any knock by either adding fuel or setting the timing a little lower. Oh, and even before you concern yourself with any knock events, the UTEC has already retarded timing; when you want it to and only as much as you tell it to, so you don't have to worry as much about the damage you might have been facing.
The UTEC can control your boost so you don't have to go out and buy a boost controller.

Those are the most apparent capabilities that I tinker with most often. I live in Hawaii which has no AWD dynos, so it's probably pretty evident from what I wrote above that I'm more interested in being safe than I am in trying to pull every tenth I can for drag racing (although I wish I could)

Quick Reply: Feedback on the Turbo XS UTec