Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Cobb Accessport

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 AM

Car Info: MY 07 WRX STI
Cobb Accessport

I know this subject gets brought up a lot, but I have to ask. The Cobb Accessport, what exactly am I getting by purchasing it?

1.) Will the accessport work with the Invidia Downpipe?
2.) What maps do I start with, on my MY07 STI
3.) Do I have to download any other maps?

4.) What kind of Headers do you recommend? I'm debating between DC Sports Headers and Perrin equal length Headers.

If anybody has any general discussion about the accessport that will help me understand it better, that would be great.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:36 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by jackel23
I know this subject gets brought up a lot, but I have to ask. The Cobb Accessport, what exactly am I getting by purchasing it?

1.) Will the accessport work with the Invidia Downpipe?
2.) What maps do I start with, on my MY07 STI
3.) Do I have to download any other maps?

4.) What kind of Headers do you recommend? I'm debating between DC Sports Headers and Perrin equal length Headers.

If anybody has any general discussion about the accessport that will help me understand it better, that would be great.
1. Cobb recommends using a catted downpipe on the 2007 STi. If you get your car protuned, you should have no problems with you Invidia downpipe.

2.Start with the map that matches the mods on your car.

3. Only if the map(s) match the mod(s) you plan on doing.

For the greatest torque gains, go with equal length headers.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the reply. I still have some small issues though. Do you run the accessport on your car? You must since you are an authorized dealer of Cobb products.

1.) Do you run launch control? Is it bad for you vehicle like Cobb states on their website?

2.) What is Flat shifting?

3.) Also if I have and Invidia dp, should I get invidia headers? I want to get Perrin equal length headers, but is there an issue if the pipes are not from the same company?

4.) Can I order Perrin parts through your shop, and an Accessport? What kind of price do you sell these items?
Old 06-11-2008, 08:43 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by jackel23
Thanks for the reply. I still have some small issues though. Do you run the accessport on your car? You must since you are an authorized dealer of Cobb products.

1.) Do you run launch control? Is it bad for you vehicle like Cobb states on their website?

2.) What is Flat shifting?

3.) Also if I have and Invidia dp, should I get invidia headers? I want to get Perrin equal length headers, but is there an issue if the pipes are not from the same company?

4.) Can I order Perrin parts through your shop, and an Accessport? What kind of price do you sell these items?
1. No I don't...yes, LC is hard on your car.

2. Keeping your foot on the gas whilst shifting.

3. Doesn't matter which brand...Perrin, APS, Tomei...just don't use cheaply made headers.

4. PM a list of parts your looking for & I'll give you a quote.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:26 AM

okay, thanks for the quick responses. Just a couple of more questions though. Will the AP work to its full potential if i'm not using cobb products? I have the
k&n typhoon short ram intake, is that going to be an issue since it is not the cobb short ram intake? if I don't get my car protuned what kind of issues am i looking at with a catless dp?

Also, I want to make 350-400 HP @ the wheels, what kind of other mods do I need to accomplish this task?
Old 06-15-2008, 03:52 AM

How much HP can I get from a FMIC? Which is the best kind to get, without having to spend tooo much??
Old 06-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
You wont really get anymore HP from a FMIC compaired to a TMIC. Its just a change of location, BUT with a bigger front or top you would need

bigger turbo
" " injectors
" " fuel pump
and i dont think you would get anymore HP from just using cobb products.. i could be wrong but i dont think you would.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Okay, sorry about all the post. Thanks for everyone's input. Well I got my AP, and I have a small question. Can I run the AP with my current setup of Wide Open Headers and Invidia Catless DP?