Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

bad thing with AFC, COBB Spicy CAM, and MRT header/midpipe mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
bad thing with AFC, COBB Spicy CAM, and MRT header/midpipe mods?

So I am looking at this used vehicle, 00RS to be exact. The guy has a lot of suspension mods, but I don't care/worry about. But he has and had some of the 'power' mods. He had AFC and COBB Spicy CAM on before and it's off now, but the MRT header is still there.

My main question is this. Can AFC and COBB Spicy CAM do any internal damage if it wasn't adjusted properly? When he had the AFC, CAM, and MRT, he killed TWO cat. converters in 6 months and CEL has been on for the longest time. Now he sold the AFC and COBB CAM, but still have the CEL with the MRT on.

I read something about it LONG time ago. It is because of the single cat or O2 sensor(s) or something right? Can someone give me a little more info on the MRT CEL? I wasn't able to find much with the search.

With the above problems, along with some other minor issues, should I even consider this car? It's just so darn hard to find an 00-01RS GM6 BRP 5SPD.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
ah damn it! I posted in the wrong forum. I thought I posted in Non-Turbo Powerplant -- EJ25, EJ22, EJ18. Mod, please move it for me. Thanks!