Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Apex Super Afc

Old 03-25-2003, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Oh boy...

No offence intended, but before you purchase a mod for your vehicle that will directly effect the computer, I suggest doing a little research on the topic. I installed the S-AFC on my 2000 2.5RS with no trouble at all. Just so you know, do not plan on it being able to make you go any faster. Properly tuned, you can maybe expect to achieve about 2-3 whp, which I doubt your butt dnyo can even feel.

That said, here is what you do. Go to www.kartboy.com There is a really nice wiring diagram (last I checked) that you can download. Make sure that you get the one for your year. Otherwise, consult the previous posts. Anyhow, remember that unless you are told to, you only splice into most of the wires. the only wire you actually cut is the wire from either your MAP or MAF sensor. Also, make sure you wire the ground wires in the correct order.

Now, if you manage to get it set up correctly, do NOT just go messing around with it. Make sure you read the forums here and find some similar settings for a vehicle with your mods and replicate the settings. Be conservative! Before you can do any tuning from that level, you need either a pyrometer or a/f meter to give you a data point to refere to after you tune.

Best of luck!