Fight the heat and win!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:53 PM

Car Info: STI 2007
Fight the heat and win!

Whether or not you have a street car or a track **** we are well into the heat of summer, the oil, water and air in your engine needs to stay cool! Here is a few parts that will help.

13 Row Greddy Oil Cooler Kit Subaru WRX/STI

Radiators Greddy, pwr, koyo
Greddy

PWR

Koyo

Silicone Hoses, all brands
Here is a picture of the Agency Power "hoe's"

Radiator shrouds, A.L., T.i. CarbonFiber any brand. Keep that air where you want it!

Water/Meth injection! for those who do not know what this is or how it works please feel free to ask questions!!!
Aquamist system
Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 PM

Of course the intercooler!!!

Perrin front and top mounts

XS Engeneering IC's

Some #s to show how the front mount puts power down

If the intercooler is not enough, spray it!!! the intercooler that is.

PM for prices to low to post! Feel free to ask any questions at all about parts you see or parts you don't!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:02 PM

Car Info: '04 WRX
can you pm me a price list for all of the items you show above?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:07 PM

can you use the water/meth injection with that nitrous sprayer or are these both to serve the same purpose? what is the water/meth injected into? does water/meth just mean a mix of the two? what are the differences between the aquamist system and the new perrin one that is out, any advantage in the perrin one?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:20 PM

can you pm me a price list for all of the items you show above?
I see that you are driving a 2.5rs let me know what year and i will shoot you prices on the radiator, shroud and coolant lines. As for aquamist and intercoolers/n-ter cooler sprayer, these are not parts that will help until you have switched to forced induction.
Thanks, Eric
Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 PM

can you use the water/meth injection with that nitrous sprayer or are these both to serve the same purpose? what is the water/meth injected into? does water/meth just mean a mix of the two? what are the differences between the aquamist system and the new perrin one that is out, any advantage in the perrin one?
Yes and no.
Both the aquamist and intercooler sprayer are used to cool intake charge temps. The sprayer works by covering the intercooler in below freezing gas (co2 or nitrous) making the entire intercooler much colder than the outside air temp.
The aquamist system works by injecting a combonation of methonal and water directly into the intake (usualy post throttle body) by doing this the water and methonal help lower intake temps inside the combustion chamber. This allows one to safley run more ignition timing and slightly leaner AFR's without creating knok. The sprayer and aquamist system can be used seperatly or together to help performance on an existing turbo set up.
The aquamist and perrin systems are very similar, one feture i like about the aquamist is the fail safe. This means that if for some reason your not getting water/meth injection any more (empty tank, broken line ect.) you will know before you damage your engine.
please feel free to ask any other question at all and thank you for your posts at the least hopefuly someone learned something new.
thanks, Eric
Old 08-22-2007, 12:33 PM

Thanks Eric, this helps a lot. I'm also wondering (now that you mentioned that the aquamist system has a fail safe feature) if I don't run more ignition timing or a slightly leaner AFR, will it still add in performance? I drive at mile high altitude and in the summer the temperatures are around 90-100. If I don't change the tuning on the car, but use the aquamist, will I need to worry about if the system dies, my engine might get damaged? Or will it be just a loss in power, since the intake temperatures are now hotter?

Also, the Perrin seems like it is custom for the WRX (buttons and such), if I got the aquamist, am I going to have a bunch of funny looking buttons and ***** that don't match my interior, and stand out?

Does the nitrous intercooler sprayer have a fail safe option also?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:16 PM

yes you can run the aqua mist system with a noral tune to get intake temps down, this will still net you gains but not as large as if it were tuned for water/meth injection. as for the system not having the matching wrx interior set up, we install this system to allways run (triggered at set boost) so there is nothing to hide or deal with. if you get the Aquamist HFS-5 system then there is a very small controler for settings (we usualy put this in the glove box as you dont need to play with it once it is set)
the intercooler sprayer does not have a fail safe it is just a solnoid you open via button to spray the IC (usualy before a run at the track to freeze the IC)
feel free to let me know if there is anything else!!!
you must live near Denver?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Denver is correct, with a lot of trips to Colorado Springs and Vail. A lot of altitude and temperature change due to this.

On the intercooler sprayer, is it like a normal NOS button on the steering wheel? When you press the button, does it spray the needed amount, or do you have to hold down the button to get the desireable amount to freeze the IC. Does it work like normal nitrous when the button is pressed (do you get a sudden boost of power/ torque)?

Do you know how often the Nitrous will need to be refilled and how much it costs to get refills, and where I might go?

Also, I just want to let you know that I really appreciate all of the help you are giving me with my decision.