Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

under 25 years old dont deserve STi.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:59 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
under 25 years old dont deserve STi.

i have come to a realization that i wont be getting a new STi because im 20 years old and a student and $33,000 is way too much to spend for a student. my mom is buying me a new car and it wont be an STi even though i asked. i was disapointed but i have accepted greatfully

because i am getting a new WRX, not an STi but still, a new WRX. i realized to buy an STi, i better buy it with my own money and if i damage it, pay with my own money because it is such a WASTE for a rich parent to buy their kids an STi and then have their 20, 21 year old son get into an accident with the precious STi. all my friends that have owned nice cars who were spoiled enough to get one, wrecked their cars... STATISTICS in my crew. and although i would vow to not get into accidents with a STi, i cant predict the future 100% accurately.

Buy your own STi with your own hard earned cash. i am greatful to have an all around get along car, the WRX. if anyone is getting a new STi from their parents, they are lucky, but im sure they will be more prone t o accidents because if its not t heir own cash that bought it, its not gona be a dangerous road ahead.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:49 PM

Car Info: 02' Black Wgn
U R fortunate

Lets see, I am 30, my first new car purchase, 02 WRX wgn. As far as I see it you are ahead of the game. Enjoy the new ride!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:55 PM

Car Info: sc300
I disagree completely. I'm 19 and my parents bought me a WRX last october when I was 18. If I waited until now to get a car they would have bought me an STI. If your parents are willing to fork out the cash for the car... WHY NOT?!?!?! I think it would be insane to turn down an STI at age 19. I would try my hardest to keep it in as good condition as a "older more responsible person." Yes I know older people do usually know more about cars, but I'm a very openminded person and I learned a lot about cars really fast when I first got my WRX. If you will excuse me I need to go baby my ride, peace!
-robz
Old 07-17-2003, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Re: under 25 years old dont deserve STi.

all my friends that have owned nice cars who were spoiled enough to get one, wrecked their cars... STATISTICS in my crew.

Buy your own STi with your own hard earned cash. i am greatful to have an all around get along car, the WRX. if anyone is getting a new STi from their parents, they are lucky, but im sure they will be more prone t o accidents because if its not t heir own cash that bought it, its not gona be a dangerous road ahead. [/B]

Just because you're getting a measley $25,000 WRX doesn't mean you can remove yourself from "spoiled enough to get one" crowd. You say people that get a STI from their parents are lucky. I, my friend, say you are extremely lucky, and may I say, spoiled, yourself. You've made one positive step in the right direction, but you still need to realize that you don't exactly deserve or need the car; you are quite priveliged (sp?) to be driving what you have.

I translate your ranting post into worthless whining that you (a college student) couldn't get a cooler car. So stop crying, go kiss your mom on the cheek, and realize that you are extremely spolied.

--by the way, I apologize for the tone of this post. It was the result of an odd combination of envy and disgust over the idea that you were, in a way, unsatisfied with your new, free of charge, WRX.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 07-17-2003 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:15 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
I bet thier payin' for the insurance too... Gotta be pretty considerable for a new performance car in the male under 25 category.

Oh, I noticed another thing in you post, you said:
Buy your own STi with your own hard earned cash.
But let your parents buy you a WRX?- c'mon, there's not that much difference... you seem to be somewhat confused and hard up to prove to yourself that you deserve the car you are being given.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:16 PM

Car Info: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
*nods in agreement*
Old 07-17-2003, 03:03 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
personally, i don't that anyone deserves to have their parents buy them a car. when i lived under my folk's roof, i was allowed to drive the family cars as long as someone else wasn't using them. i was lucky, in that we had enough cars that most of the time i had one to drive when ever i wanted. i drove a 1978 Volvo sedan until i was about 20, and then sort of 'graduated' to a 1989 Jeep. A year later, the Jeep threw a rod through the oil pan and was allowed to drive the new 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee in the family. I bought my '03 WRX new at 23 and paid cash for it with no help from anyone. I was without a car at the time (and needed one), and couldn't wait for the Evo or STi to get here, so i got the WRX. If i could have, i would have held off and bought the STi. I'll turn 25 this fall, but i'd argue that if i can write the dealer a check for it, i'd deserve an STi simply because i have the means to buy it for myself.

now, i'm not trying to say it's rough being me, or that it was soooo hard. what i am saying is that driving a car and owning a car are privledges that should be earned. some families have differing ideas of what constitutes earning these privledges. if you're folks buy you a WRX, an RS, a jetta, or even a clapped out 1972 mercedes benz diesel with no back seat, be grateful, be appreciative and realize that you're lucky. but i'm old school that way...
Old 07-17-2003, 03:44 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Seriously, buy your own car. As a High School graduation present my Dad gave me 5K to use for whatever I wanted. i choose to buy a car, but instead of buying a 5K junker I went 2 years in school without a car so I could save up enopugh money to buy a 3 year old RS this summer. I am so lucky that I was able to afford such a car and without my Father's help I wouldnt have a car yet. People who's parents buy them a brand new car disgust me, especially when they come onto a board and complain that it isnt the one that they wanted. Just be thankful that you have a car at all.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:24 PM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
i am not complaining, hopefully u guys know what im t rying to say, yes im extremely lucky im getting a new car although its not an STi, im still very greatful, but my point is that the more expensive the car bought for such a young person, its in a way not worthy, because i was thinking,

if i was a father, and i had more than enough money to buy a car for my son.. id buy him an ok car. not the top of the line because if he gets in an accident, it would b so sad.

and i didnt mean buy your own sti as in loook at me im buying my own car too. i really mean that the aura and karma surrounding the STi and owner, bought by the parents cash would be much different compared to the aura and karma bought with ones own money.

hope someone there knows wat im getting at, i didnt mean to sound ungreatful about my soon to be WRX. bottom line: im glad my mom gave me some restriction to kik some sense into me. and i kiss my mom on the head everyday.

Quick Reply: under 25 years old dont deserve STi.