Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Thumbs up HID

Until then, those HIDs need to come out ASAP.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Originally Posted by Brfatal
Until then, those HIDs need to come out ASAP.
Why?
Old 05-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Originally Posted by johndabrit
Why?
Because with them your car is a mobile road hazard. You're blinding EVERYBODY.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Da Brit.

Ignorant statement without seeing the application.

I'm running the lowest temp hid's i could find.(which are much lower than some cars which came with them oem equipped). Are you saying that all cars equipped with hid's are road hazards? If you are referring to the upwards reflection being amplified due to the design of halogen housing, I can see how a high temp hid could be an annoyance. I've asked people I was driving behind if my hid's were annoying in their rear view and also asked after testing with oncoming traffic. There are halogens which appear brighter. The 6000k which I run in black housing is neither an annoyance nor road hazard. I'm also running the dial bulb config so if need be I can switch to a single regular style head lamp.

Last edited by johndabrit; 05-27-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
I lol'ed
Old 05-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Ignorant statement without seeing the application.

I'm running the lowest temp hid's i could find.(which are much lower than some cars which came with them oem equipped). Are you saying that all cars equipped with hid's are road hazards? If you are referring to the upwards reflection being amplified due to the design of halogen housing, I can see how a high temp hid could be an annoyance. I've asked people I was driving behind if my hid's were annoying in their rear view and also asked after testing with oncoming traffic. There are halogens which appear brighter. The 6000k which I run in black housing is neither an annoyance nor road hazard. I'm also running the dial bulb config so if need be I can switch to a single regular style head lamp.
It's not ignorant at all. There is no special "application". You have no idea what you're talking about. "Lower temp" bulbs produce more light than higher kelvin HIDs. The closer to 4300k the more lumens they produce. And no, not all cars with HIDs are road hazards. Cars with the correct optics don't glare or produce as bad of hot spots. I've driven in front of enough HID equiped, stock headlight-ed WRXs in my days to know that anyone who says it's not bad is lying to your face.

These are aimed slightly up, but it shows how bad the hot spots are on the bugeye headlights and the fact that there is no real cut off so you can't do anything about keeping the light out of people's faces.

Next time, before you start calling someone ignorant (or at least their statements), know what you're talking about before debating the issue with someone who knows quite a bit about the topic.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Da Brit.

It's not ignorant at all. There is no special "application". You have no idea what you're talking about. "Lower temp" bulbs produce more light than higher kelvin HIDs. The closer to 4300k the more lumens they produce. And no, not all cars with HIDs are road hazards. Cars with the correct optics don't glare or produce as bad of hot spots. I've driven in front of enough HID equiped, stock headlight-ed WRXs in my days to know that anyone who says it's not bad is lying to your face.

These are aimed slightly up, but it shows how bad the hot spots are on the bugeye headlights and the fact that there is no real cut off so you can't do anything about keeping the light out of people's faces.

Next time, before you start calling someone ignorant (or at least their statements), know what you're talking about before debating the issue with someone who knows quite a bit about the topic.
Well thanks for correcting me on the temp scale. Prompted me to do a bit of reading. I didn't call you ignorant. I noted your statement as ignorant. Significant difference there. As far as application, it refers to how I have chosen to install the hids. The reflector mod and black housing make my lights look like really clean halogens. If my lights blinded "everyone" I wouldnt use them. Your assumption was ignorant because you haven't seen them on my car. I've never had high beams flashed at me, never had a complaint, always had good feedback when I ask, and don't run ridiculous color bulbs. I dislike lighting setups which are not tastefully done and I ask around afterwards to make sure I don't have bad taste . My lights are not in danger of being in that bracket. Other than that.... You mad bro?

Last edited by johndabrit; 05-27-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Left the t off the word significant
Old 05-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Painting the trim of you headlights in no way changes the how the reflectors work. Your headlights are not special, the results are the same as they would be on any other bugeye.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Da Brit.

Painting the trim of you headlights in no way changes the how the reflectors work. Your headlights are not special, the results are the same as they would be on any other bugeye.
Read the entire post before you comment so you don't make ignorant statements in your replies. I didn't only paint the housing. I modified the reflector surface to minimize the upwards reflected projection.

"The reflector mod and black housing"

You're the expert though making decisions without seeing what you are talking about. Based on that logic, do you have your doctor diagnose that weird rash you may have over the phone?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Technical Know-It-All

I read the entire thing and the only ignorant part of my post is the part where it shows the quote I was replying to. There is no way to do what you're claiming. What magical 'mod' did you do?
Old 05-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Da Brit.

I read the entire thing and the only ignorant part of my post is the part where it shows the quote I was replying to. There is no way to do what you're claiming. What magical 'mod' did you do?
Apparently nothing since according to you there is no way to do what I'm claiming. Thanks for trolling.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Apparently nothing since according to you there is no way to do what I'm claiming. Thanks for trolling.
Go figure, you're so dense that educating is trolling. Hopefully you get a little diploma you can show off to everyone when you finally graduate from 6th grade.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Da Brit.

Go figure, you're so dense that educating is trolling. Hopefully you get a little diploma you can show off to everyone when you finally graduate from 6th grade.
Must be lonely under that bridge.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Someone said trolling?