Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Goodbye I-club

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:11 PM

Car Info: Lotus now, 04 STI before
Goodbye I-club

Goodbye to those of you who knew me.

Bye to friends and bye to haters, most of those originating from people who didn't like my initial i-club posts months ago.

Many out there know who I am or at least where I worked. Everything I said about the place and what it stood for was true while I worked there as much as I could make it true. Though admittedly I'm not the most knowledgeable person regarding Subaru or any other car, I had the right practices and ideals for taking care of customers.

While working on the side of a car shop, as opposed to being the customer, I did get a lot of experience and insight that would have guided me differently in modifying my own car had I known it before. And this is what I can say, though first I want to say that certainly no shop and no one is perfect, to be reasonable.

For those of you who are modifying your Subaru or servicing your car at a local performance shop,

I recommend taking your business to Ed at EQ Tuning, and I am very glad that Ed recently opened a full shop to provide more comprehensive services than just tuning. I say this first because I believe Ed is a good and honest person, and a reasonable and nice person. I believe that because I even talked down about his work (though without any real evidence) online and in person to several people before somewhat indirectly but obviously, and yet later Ed still answered my questions and helped me with my own car, e-mailing me a map to fix a problem I was having, for free. This is a generous, good-natured person, the kind of person I wish I had worked for and with during my short time on the car shop side of Subaru tuning.

I don't want to distract from GST either because I have never seen with my own eyes or experience any reason to doubt GST. My experience working with Mike briefly was excellent and he is quite impressive in his experience and knowledge. Everything negative I ever heard was second or third hand information, so what can really be believed? The shop also has such a long history of prominence that naturally discontents will emerge, stimulated or not. Every business has to deal with that kind of problem.

I don't know anything about work done by Paul at dbtuned. Really, I have no basis of information to have an opinion. But I have talked to him a couple times very briefly and I believe that he's a good guy though a bit wacky.

Other places I don't mention for reasons, though none of those reasons I would say is damning. So bash on me for this thread even if you want, I will not be looking.

Picking a shop boils down to trust. If I could start over with my STI from scratch, if I could go back in time 3 years, I hope that I could have saved myself tons of money and trouble by going straight to EQ, or maybe GST or maybe DBtuned.

Those are my parting words, for anyone out there who is thinking about where to go for work, the first time or maybe the hundredth time around.

Goodbye.

And one last thing, that guy (I honestly don't remember his name) who I believe is one of the moderators here and who is a ****ing ******* and a damn idiot, the one who likes guns so much. He should loose all privileges and be banned on this forum. A lot of people feel this way but are afraid to speak out, hence they be punished.

I never had a personal problem with him and I have not spoken with him, but I've seen enough evidence on this forum and at the last BAIC annual meet where he threatened to throw a chair, waving it in a air violently, onto my friend's car because of the dealership where my friend works. That is not the kind of responsible or reasonable person who should have any mod privileges on this forum, regardless of history.

Last edited by hunter; 03-08-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: to fix my typos
Old 03-08-2009, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .

blog.i-club.com/hunter

take care man

Last edited by Rescuer; 03-08-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
:puts popcorn bag in microwave:
Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
uts popcorn bag in microwave:
Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 PM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
bye
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

he edited what he drives

used to say 08 elise, now it's "black on"

why bother?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
maybe he's down for some black on _______ (insert sexual preference) action now that he's leaving.

you cant have a forum without wackos in it.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Name:  HotPopcorn.gif
Views: 9
Size:  2.09 MB
Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 PM

I searched your posts - did something bad happen with EIP? You wrote them a pretty good review.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob

oh hell yeah!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Rescuer
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob
left arm hitting boob

oh hell yeah!
I was imagining being that piece of popcorn before imagining being her left arm
Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
goodnight.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
I was imagining being that popcorn crumb on her shirt before imagining being her left arm
Old 03-08-2009, 11:39 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
good luck in the future brandon
Old 03-08-2009, 11:41 PM

AutoHQ woes??

Quick Reply: Goodbye I-club