Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Evo's suck, sorry Dan, but I had to say it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
the salesman, he was a tall skinny white young looking guy right?
Old 09-30-2004, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
the new MR will have an improved torque rating-
one thing is evident- the torque in the STi is dominant.
too bad for our local mitsu dealer... if i worked there i'd definitely
clean house- both internally and in sales.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 09-30-2004, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by gdogg
the new MR will have an improved torque rating-
one thing is evident- the torque in the STi is dominant.
too bad for our local mitsu dealer... if i worked there i'd definitely
clean house- both internally and in sales.
Greg you tell 'em!

Last edited by keirnna; 10-06-2004 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
.......... I haven't "chimed in" in a While on any opinionated posts, .... but I felt compelled to say something here.

First off, ... I don't think you know how to drive.
Second, the EVO spanks the STi on the "track" all the time. Hell, the EVO is killing supercars on the race track. As a matter of fact, the Cyber EVO is breaking long standing track records on American soil.
Now, don't get me wrong, the STi is a Wonderful car, but so is the EVO. And yes, I've driven both cars, ... on the Race Track. As a matter of fact, the first time I drove the EVO, it was on the track, ... and I beat all the STi's times that day (sorry to bring that up, that was a thorn in some people's side! )
IMO, it comes down to driving preferences, ... and personally, I think I would buy an STi over the EVO still. (but that also has to do with A Lot of concern about quality/waranty issues/ and the fact that Mitsu is going under).
I just hate to see how people thrash **** when in actuallity, they really don't have the experience to do so. At least you Did test drive it, so that's more than some that will talk **** or make uneducated comments about a car's capability and/or equipment. And talking about wanting an earlier version EVO over the current, ... that is a little "silly". The current technology blows away the past.
Of course, it is good to get many people's opinions about big purchases like these, but I think more care should be used in what is said or claimed.

again, just my 2¢
Sean

oh, so how's everybody doing over there?

Last edited by Nolimit; 09-30-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

Last edited by keirnna; 10-06-2004 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Where is my beer?

Well, I said that about your driving b/c of how you describe the car. And "driving hardcore" on the street is Not what I consider knowing how to drive.
I know you probably don't know me, ... probably half the people on this site now don't know me, ... but that's Ok. You can ask some of the "old skool" guys who I am, ... and they'll tell you what an *** I am.

So how many track events and autoX's have you been to/driven in?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:01 PM
Where is my beer?

oh, and I'm not trying to bash you personally, so please don't take it that way.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Nolimit
So how many track events and autoX's have you been to/driven in?
I have yet to go to any AutoX's, but the second I have a chance I'll be in one. I went to the 1/4 mile track here the last 3 weeks, so that is my only actual track experience. I don't drive like a dumb *** on the roads; I drive conservatively when there is anyone else around. We have plenty of great areas here though that we can test skill on, Tantalus just being one of them. I’ve owned a WRX for 8 months before I traded it in for my STi, and now I’ve been driving my STi for 10 months. I’m sure that you’ll say I’m wrong, but I think you learn a thing or two about driving when you own an impreza.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

oh, and I'm not trying to bash you personally, so please don't take it that way.
So by saying I don't know how to drive who are you bashing if not me?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:12 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
hey i dunno if anyone remembers this but one ntie at the tracks we saw an ev0 8 lose to a ford focus, they both did 16's!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Where is my beer?

I'm not bashing you as a Person, as in, I'm not saying you're a bad person by saying you don't know how to drive. And I'm not saying you're a complete idiot when it comes to driving either, but it was Evident by your comments that you don't fully understand the physics of driving (I'm not perfect either).

I've owned 2 WRX's by the way ....
Old 09-30-2004, 07:16 PM

.......... I haven't "chimed in" in a While on any opinionated posts, .... but I felt compelled to say something here.

Sean

oh, so how's everybody doing over there?
hey sean hows diego?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STiNightFall
hey i dunno if anyone remembers this but one ntie at the tracks we saw an ev0 8 lose to a ford focus, they both did 16's!
Yeah but we all know that driver matters much more than the car. Everyone makes mistakes, so maybe that evo driver was having a bad day. One day when we have the turbo'ed AWD Focus everyone will see that it can be a good car.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:21 PM

oh yeah, i'm not ******* the focus, they actually have awd ones down at the wrc competitions. not ******* on anyone tho, except this one punkass red evo that punked me out, i got even with him tho

Last edited by STiNightFall; 09-30-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:29 PM
VIP Member

I'm not bashing you as a Person, as in, I'm not saying you're a bad person by saying you don't know how to drive. And I'm not saying you're a complete idiot when it comes to driving either, but it was Evident by your comments that you don't fully understand the physics of driving (I'm not perfect either).

I've owned 2 WRX's by the way ....

Sorry I wasn't being Bill Nye the Science Guy, but I could better descibe what I am talking about by actually speaking to someone in person instead of posting it on the forum. Either way it felt like the EVO had a tendancy to understeer, just like the STi. It felt like it lost traction at less g's than the STi does. Like Greg said the torque leave much to be desired. The suspension seemed prone to excessive body roll compared to the STi. The STi feels like it is one solid car that is well grounded. In the EVO felt as if the body was almost moving independantly of the rest of the car. For a lack of a better way to describe it the sti felt like a solid bone while the EVO felt like 2 bones connected by a joint. On braking the car felt like the front brakes were apply much more stopping power than the rear; therefore the entire car rolled to the front.

Quick Reply: Evo's suck, sorry Dan, but I had to say it!