Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

BAM overflow

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by darkonion
Cliff notes, please.

Profile to the left says I own a Subaru.
Cliff notes = Stop being Gay!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:26 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Cliff notes = Stop being Gay!
Isn't that a personal attack, and therefore against the rules?

IMG]http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw1401_Pinkie_Pie_the_more_you_know.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by soggynoodles; 06-20-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: I really don't like frame breaking
Old 06-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
No one in Sac complains when it's not held in Sac and no one from Santa Cruz or Monterey complains when it's not held over here. It's NEVER been held in either. It has been held close to the san jose folks and close to the north bay folks.

Did you see any food trucks last year? The hot dog guy was the only one that could make it. Do you know how many food trucks turned me down? Do you know what happened to the 3 food trucks that were contracted to be there? They bailed. Do you know when? The day before the event and the day of the event. Why? The drive up to the park.

Do you know what the ONLY complaint I got about last year was and in my opinion one of the more important ones... no wife/3g/4g for anyone including the vendors. That makes it near impossible for them to sell you anything. And it makes it very hard for me to sell shirts.
I'm complaining.

I wouldn't know. I wasn't there.

And cash. Cash is king. Right, GSTMike?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
wtf i going on. jesus let's stick to BAM please.

Although, i wanna ban

hmmmmmm.......

Originally Posted by spt
Banning will be in effect for only severe cases, which means it will be used as a last resort.
Doesn't seem too severe to me......
Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 PM

So here is the deal. If you're gonna complain about a bunch of nonsense you have two options. 1. Take the explanations I just gave you for what they are... the truth and come to a great event for a great cause. 2. Keep complaining and don't show up.
If you haven't figured it out yet. I'll just keep complaining.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:49 PM
rau
Something Custom

Are you kidding me. Look at a map.

This IS the most centrally located spot we've used for the entire bay area wide folks that come on this forum.

No one in Sac complains when it's not held in Sac and no one from Santa Cruz or Monterey complains when it's not held over here. It's NEVER been held in either. It has been held close to the san jose folks and close to the north bay folks.

As for why you have to pay more... because it's a park. You're paying for the park. We can't do anything about that unless we do it at a private spot... and guess what... that's gonna cost more money. You're complaining about spending $10 to go to a charity meet and eat.. and $5 to help take care of our state parks. That's $15. If we held it somewhere private the cost would go up as well. Do you remember how much Alameda was? You'd be on hear pissing and moaning if it was somewhere else and the cost was $20. It is what it is. It costs money to rent the site and buy the food. The raffle tickets, bracelets, soda and water all cost money. The alcohol permit costs money. The website costs money. The tents table and shirts cost money. And most of all... the goal is to raise money for the charity. I don't ream the vendors because it's not fair.

If you want an exciting drive... then organize a drive... head up to Mt. Hammy and then come on down to the meet and join us for food. THe roads will be more clear at 8am than 2 pm anyways.

The drive is awesome for some folks. I love Mt. Hammy. But Mt. Hammy is not an option right now. Some folks hate that drive. We have a wreck every year and vendors can not bring their trailers up.

Did you see any food trucks last year? The hot dog guy was the only one that could make it. Do you know how many food trucks turned me down? Do you know what happened to the 3 food trucks that were contracted to be there? They bailed. Do you know when? The day before the event and the day of the event. Why? The drive up to the park.

Do you know what the ONLY complaint I got about last year was and in my opinion one of the more important ones... no wife/3g/4g for anyone including the vendors. That makes it near impossible for them to sell you anything. And it makes it very hard for me to sell shirts.

Cops crawling everywhere? Are you kidding me? Have you been on the road ANYWHERE? Does every member of this forum drive their car on public roads? Guess what... they're cops everywhere. There is no more risk to us at this event and in fremont than there is anywhere else. People made a big deal about the law enforcement last time because of Rosetti. Want to know how many tickets got written? ZERO. And guess what... he's retired.

So drop the cop talk. It's a fear tactic to get your bull**** across to people.

My car is parked next to two police cars RIGHT NOW and I'm no where near Fremont. And you know what. I'm gonna walk out. Get in my car. Start it up and drive away. I drive by cops every day. You want to know who has one of the loudest cars in the BAIC... me.

Food... are you seriously complaining about $5 for a full plate of food and all the beverages you need? Seriously? How much do you think you'd pay to buy food on the trucks? $10? $15 or 20 if you're there all day and go to more than one.

So here is the deal. If you're gonna complain about a bunch of nonsense you have two options. 1. Take the explanations I just gave you for what they are... the truth and come to a great event for a great cause. 2. Keep complaining and don't show up.

Do you even own a subaru anymore?
Originally Posted by flukewrx
I'm amazed that people complain up and down about the cost of the event, but are more than willing to drop about 5x - 10x or more to go to a concert or some other type of event.

I'm actually surprised that BAM is able to be so cheap as I would fully expect it to be closer to a $30-$40/person event at this point. The fact that it is only $10 for Pre-Pay or $20 at the door is incredible. So people need to stop complaining about the pricing as you KNOW you would spend more than that if you went and did ANYTHING. Heck, even movie prices are OVER $10.00/person for the night time rates at most theaters now it seems like with it getting close to the $20.00 mark if you go see an IMAX 3D show or whatever the most expensive tickets they sell happen to be.

Seriously, think about how much it costs just to go to a club in S.F. You have to pay for the bridge toll, the parking, the entrance to wherever you are going, food & drinks plus either gas or BART Fair. Essentially if you want to go hang out in the city you are dropping easily $30.00 - $50.00 if not more so for only $10.00/ticket for BAM (a ONCE A YEAR EVENT) go out and enjoy the event or just stop having the sour grapes attitude.

As for the location, for every person that thinks it is too far there is also someone else that thinks that it is awesome that it is so close to them.

Try again.

Last edited by rau; 06-20-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by rau
hmmmmmm.......

If you get banned you can take it up with SPT
Old 06-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I can't believe you two...

Don't bother ever contacting me ever again. To think all the help and advice I gladly, willingly and studiously gave you and you ****s come in here and **** up this thread.

Some friends you are.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
I'm sorry but I thought this was the BAM 2013 announcement/information thread.

If you have any issues with this year's event or had issues with past annual events, shouldn't those have been brought to light in one of the many threads specifically for post-event feedback? Those concerns could even have been presented in the several pre-event threads soliciting input. We've had many over the years.

Can we pls keep this thread clear of drama?

This once-a-year gathering is simply about a positive vibe... love of our cars, the camaraderie from that shared love, having a day where we can have family-friendly fun all in the spirit of giving toward a very worthy cause.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I don't expect responses to my rhetorical questions. They are simply posed to remind us all to really take a moment to think before we type.

Last edited by boardoholic; 06-20-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by boardoholic
I'm sorry but I thought this was the BAM 2013 announcement/information thread.

If you have any issues with this year's event or had issues with past annual events, shouldn't those have been brought to light in one of the many threads specifically for post-event feedback? Those concerns could even have been presented in the several pre-event threads soliciting input. We've had many over the years.

Can we pls keep this thread clear of drama?

This once-a-year gathering is simply about a positive vibe... love of our cars, the camaraderie from that shared love, having a day where we can have family-friendly fun all in the spirit of giving toward a very worthy cause.

Thanks in advance.
So... what you are saying is that people shouldn't **** on other people's events?
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I can't believe you two...

Don't bother ever contacting me ever again. To think all the help and advice I gladly, willingly and studiously gave you and you ****s come in here and **** up this thread.

Some friends you are.
Please listen very very closely Sir Bains......

Old 06-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by rau
hmmmmmm.......

give someone enough points and it'll end up in a ban
Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by darkonion
Quarry Lakes is stupid. Parking is $5 or something. It's obviously only centrally located for East Bay people. The area is crawling with cops. The drive up to the park isn't as exciting as Mt. Hamilton. Food trucks can't drive into the park. It'll be stupid cold. It isn't even near a major freeway. Fail.

Edit... and we have to pay more money on top of parking to get in?? **** man... you might as well charge us money to bring in our own food.
Originally Posted by flukewrx
I'm amazed that people complain up and down about the cost of the event, but are more than willing to drop about 5x - 10x or more to go to a concert or some other type of event.

I'm actually surprised that BAM is able to be so cheap as I would fully expect it to be closer to a $30-$40/person event at this point. The fact that it is only $10 for Pre-Pay or $20 at the door is incredible. So people need to stop complaining about the pricing as you KNOW you would spend more than that if you went and did ANYTHING. Heck, even movie prices are OVER $10.00/person for the night time rates at most theaters now it seems like with it getting close to the $20.00 mark if you go see an IMAX 3D show or whatever the most expensive tickets they sell happen to be.

Seriously, think about how much it costs just to go to a club in S.F. You have to pay for the bridge toll, the parking, the entrance to wherever you are going, food & drinks plus either gas or BART Fair. Essentially if you want to go hang out in the city you are dropping easily $30.00 - $50.00 if not more so for only $10.00/ticket for BAM (a ONCE A YEAR EVENT) go out and enjoy the event or just stop having the sour grapes attitude.

As for the location, for every person that thinks it is too far there is also someone else that thinks that it is awesome that it is so close to them.
Originally Posted by rau

Try again.
My response was for Kevin's message not Ray's.

I'm on board with the pricing and would gladly pay more for the Once-a-Year event if it so called for it in order to run the event.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
give someone enough points and it'll end up in a ban
It's cool. If you want to ban someone for speaking their opinion and making a point, and stifling them along the way. That's cool. I won't stop you nor plead to not be banned. But I see how it works as well. It's all in who you know. Someone can be the biggest ******* of all time and be friends with a certain few people and get away with things. That's the definition of favoritism. And it doesn't take a long or hard look to find it around here. All you had to say was that you have been itching to ban someone and wanted to throw out points like mod abuse candy on Halloween. I'm not going to hate on you for it.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Can I post in this? Test,,,

Quick Reply: BAM overflow