Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

2005 STI stock stereo help

Old 11-21-2004, 12:13 AM

2005 STI stock stereo help

A few questions for other '05 STI owners. Has anyone taken out the stock speakers? Did you find the stock speakers have the tiniest magnets ever created? Did anyone else install the upgraded speakers? Are the any DIRECT replacement good door speakers out there? Has anyone heard of or installed Rainbow speakers? Would upgrading the speakers without changing the HU make a major improvement? Is there a direct replacement HU for this application?

For reference purposes, I have a stock headunit with Subaru "upgraded" accessory speakers and a Subaru sub. While it sounds better than stock, it's not even close to as loud or clean as my SRT-4, with the Kicker "Livin' Loud" setup. It also lacks the bass "punch" of the Kicker sub. I'm not afraid to spend the $, but don't want to be a guinea pig! I'm NOT an audiophile, but wan't a nice, clean, reliable system. It's unfortunate that Subaru does not offer an optional aftermarket name brand speaker/radio system, like the Dodge/Kicker system (or Bose, Boston Acoustics, or any of the other speaker manufacturers that offer factory installed or dealer installed systems).

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!