Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Shake at low speed take off

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 AM

Car Info: 03 sedan 2nd wrx
Question Shake at low speed take off

So I just had Yimi sport in socal put a new clutch in the rex. They did a good job. But as I was pulling onto base today Inoticed that when Im pulling away from the ECP at very low speeds the the car kinda shakes shutters or shimmys as im releasing the clutch and it also does it as im doing same in reverse. Now I dont want to point fingers at them and say you you if it can be something else. Like I said shop looks to be good and they seem to know what they are doing. oh car has 102k on it 75k of those miles where put on by Lisa the ex wife so not a hard 75 at all. and the others where me and her and some spirited driving may have taken place but no hard take offs and never a side step. TIA Miguel
Old 02-20-2011, 01:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Is it the "about to stall" shakes or something else?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:46 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
The shudder you're experiencing is normal. It's normal for any new clutch even in a new car. The more you drive it, the better it gets. No worries, just drive it more and it'll get better.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:57 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
I should also point out that from my experience, I had a ACT heavy duty clutch installed and experienced the infamous shudder that you're experiencing as well. Gets better with driving. Good luck! =]
Old 02-20-2011, 04:54 AM

I would feel the same in previous vehicles (Mustang GT and Celica GTS) when a new clutch would be thrown in. Kind of stressful when you think the shop did it wrong but it does get cleaner after its broken in.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 PM

awesome good to know. I'll give it some time I'm sure its what it is the shop and crew looked to know what they are doing. thanks guys.
oh and yeah not a stall out shudder shake more like my bikes slipperclutch system
Old 03-04-2011, 09:44 AM

Car Info: Foz
my clutch does this too, but my clutch isnt new... it does it when ever its cold, when the clutch warms up it seems to be alright. but it shakes really bad. i was talking to this dude at work and he said his toyota did the same thing and he changed out the motor mount and it went away.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by subymobbin303
my clutch does this too, but my clutch isnt new... it does it when ever its cold, when the clutch warms up it seems to be alright. but it shakes really bad. i was talking to this dude at work and he said his toyota did the same thing and he changed out the motor mount and it went away.
hmmmm mounts sound like that would be something to look into. Ima give it a try I think its gone down a lot or I just gotuse to it lol sad but Im not kidding I may have just learned to deal with it hahaha I'll check it out when I get off work tomorrow