sti or svt (1/4-mile)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:49 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=222831

Read post number 15 and refer to the top. Right off the SVT performance forum. Guy made 430 at the wheels in an 04 Cobra with approx $2500 in mods. Topic done.

450 to the wheels for $2500 is like 510hp. you think that's bad? go get a calculator and see how much it'd take to make that kinda power out of the wrx.

there are many rear wheel drive cars that can rally. just do the suspension. they don't come stock with it. doesnt mean the car won't handle. with my continental tires i was flying in the rain today, i felt safe at 100 even. the cobras dont handle as bad as you make them out to be. like i said, i had both cars. the wrx's handling didnt overcome the fact it made no tq or low end power and was a slug even on the backroads. you can drift rwd too you know...

i can asure you there is no mullet. i live in CT maybe you're down south or some ****. i live in rich white town, there arent even any hicks. you go down a few towns over in the valley that's a different story. and i see a lot girls in wrxs actually. that was probably your best comeback.... no no fears on my car either. looks pretty good. black car with stainless steel bumper inserts. clear side markers up front, 3.5'' stainless steel tips. very smooth. 98 cobra got the best rims in my opinion.

a cobra can be made to handle just as good if not better than the wrx, keep the car stock (hp/tq-wise) and spank the wrx on an auto-x with just spending money on the suspension instead of go-fast stuff.

you think i'm ignorant? if the technology of the mustang sucks so much why is it still one of the besting selling vehicles? they're doin something right. it's a solid car. wrx felt like it was a recycled car.

i am glad i will never buy a subaru product again. nothing impressed me about it.

yea i'm done with this. you guys now know that the 03 cobra is faster than any sti stock for stock with equal drivers. that is what the thread was about and the answers were given. you're so corny, go celebrate an online forum victory with your other slow subaru buddies.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Stock for stock it has been shown that the STI has beat the cobra in all aspects except for hp/tq. Which car shows better technology, certainly not the cobra. The mustang is best seller because you can buy one for 13,000 brand new just like a Honda Civic. If you look at the situation logicly, upgrading the suspension on a corbra and doing the same to an STI there still would be no comparison. STI hands down. What you do to one, you do to the other. Still this was a stock comparison and you want to add upgrades to compare. Get over the fact that stock for stock the STI is an all around BETTER car. End of story.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by 2002 WRX 4 SALE
wow i can beat corvettes too (although you say you go for them, i think you'd have trouble with a C4 vette). i'd like to shake your hand. ps u dont have 300 to the wheels. and my 98 would spank you.

Funny you say that, my neighbor has a C4 vette.....and he called me out, so I obliged, and I SMOKED him, badly.....we're talking 3-4 BUS lengths, and I even gave him about 3-4 car length headstart, it was no contest......I have also had the same results with a 89 5.0, that was cammed.....I walked away from him by the time I hit 3rd gear.

Secondly...you talk about quoting magazines and what not.....well, IIRC, your first 4-5 posts were quoting numbers and other crap from different magazines too.....stop contradicting yourself, BTW, quoting an internet forum is just as bad as quoting a magazine.

Thirdly...you talk about the "technology" of a mustang.....well, put it this way....it takes ALOT more technology and engineering to get alot of power out of a small engine than it does to get alot of power out of a big engine.....nuff said

Besides, you said you have had ONE WRX and 4 cobras.....well, right there you basically just proved that you are biased toward a mustang....probably didnt even know how to drive the suby, let alone any turbo car. If you know how to drive a turbo car, then Turbo Lag is not a problem.....learn how to keep the turbo spooled , and there is almost no lag...esp. on the stock TD04 (factory WRX turbo, for those that dont know, you know who you are.)

Then you say that the mustang is one of the best selling vehicles......this one got me laughing good.....you THINK its the technology that makes the mustang a best seller? ROTFLMAO! you just revealed how stupid you really are, you are probably some 16 year old kid that hears things from people and just assumes they are 100% correct all the time, I call that being gullible, as you have just proven (My dad can beat up your dad, so there!).....now, lemme explain this to you.....The Mustang is a best seller, because it is considered an "AMERICAN CLASSIC." The first mustang rolled off the assembly line half way through the year back in 1964 (during the muscle car era, as competition for cars like the Camaro, Firebird, Corvette, etc., Up until the mustang came out, Ford didnt have crap for peformance vehicles.) That said, the Mustang is considered part of american automotive history, as is alot of other muscle cars of the era. Which is why the mustang would be considered a "best seller," There are literally millions of them around the world because they have been around forever, and because they are as "American" as Hamburgers and Coca Cola, NOT because of the "technology" behind them....infact the 05s reverted BACK to a solid rear axle, because it is tried and true, and a very strong/reliable setup......and WAYYYYYY OLDER technology, that happened to work really well. Thus making it cheaper to produce and maintain, making the car more economical for younger people(the target marketing age group for the mustang market). So I wouldnt exactly consider the mustang a technological marvel by anymeans.

Anyways, you wanna talk about a technologically superior STOCK vehicle? Well, refer back to my post about the ARIEL ATOM.....THAT car IS a technologically superior car. Getting a small 4 cylinder n/a powered, sub$40,000 car, to be able to compete with the best, most exotic, most expensive supercars of the century......AND make it do that BONE STOCK from the factory, and being able to drive it on public highways legally......now THAT is truly a technological marvel. As I said before....HP numbers dont matter, what does matter, is the power to weight ratio, and HP per Liter of displacement ratios. (thats exactly why a 220bhp 4cyl. powered car can keep up with a 660-hp V-12 powered italian Monster like the Enzo.) And as yet another example.....remember how I said that my suby produces approx. 122 bhp per liter of displacement.....well, that means, at that same ratio, your mustang should be producing 561.2bhp, instead of the 390bhp that it does produce (84.8 hp per liter), NOT 430bhp. (check this link and click on the "vehicle specs" page....this is directly from the SVT division of Ford. Take note of the "Engine Specific Output")

http://www.svt.ford.com/vehicleCobra.asp

Originally Posted by www dot svt dot ford dot com
Horsepower: 390 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Torque: 390 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
Specific output : 84.8 horsepower per liter
I have also uploaded the PDF file of Fords official SVT Spec sheet for your viewing pleasure.

OK, I'm done....school is out now kiddies.....now its time for recess, so go play with your mustang buddies and leave us alone....we dont need chodes like you around here clogging our site up with useless BS that has about .001% truth to any of it. Get your facts straight, do your research, and have a nice day.

edit: BTW, once I get my turbo and new exhaust installed and tuned, I should be making around 300-320 to the wheels. Although I am sure there are already a few 300+whp dyno sheets posted on this site....I know there are atleast a few WRXs on here that are in excess of 300whp.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
04CobraTD.pdf (311.2 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by GotBoost?; 10-13-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=GotBoost?]Thirdly...you talk about the "technology" of a mustang.....well, put it this way....it takes ALOT more technology and engineering to get alot of power out of a small engine than it does to get alot of power out of a big engine.....nuff said

Besides, you said you have had ONE WRX and 4 cobras.....well, right there you basically just proved that you are biased toward a mustang....probably didnt even know how to drive the suby, let alone any turbo car. If you know how to drive a turbo car, then Turbo Lag is not a problem.....learn how to keep the turbo spooled , and there is almost no lag...esp. on the stock TD04 (factory WRX turbo, for those that dont know, you know who you are.)

Then you say that the mustang is one of the best selling vehicles......this one got me laughing good.....you THINK its the technology that makes the mustang a best seller? ROTFLMAO! [QUOTE]

i never said the mustang is more advanced. i said you guys think its technology sucks and if it's so bad why havent they changed it? because of exactly what you said. it's fine the way it is and will continue to be.

again hp per liter doesn't matter when the cobra is still the faster car, bottom line. u make up great excuses that the subaru is made so great this and that 2.0 liters, wow. who cares. it's still slow. yea you gotta change your turbo and do all the bolt-ons to beat a stock cobra of any year. then do the bolt-ons to the cobra N/A and you'd still lose. as for 03/04, change the pulley and do some bolt-ons and no sti even will touch it.

i did know how to drive the wrx. big change tho. i could launch. i'd take my friends cobra off the line and stay ahead till the end of 2nd gear then get left. i still beat all other wack imports i'd race but who cares they're so slow it's nothing to brag about. that's how it should be anyway and i expected it. from a roll no chance. there is too turbo lag. you're nuts. the only way there isnt is by doing launches which is not too good for the tranny or clutch. just floor it from a stop without doing a launch tell me the 0-60 then lol... but whatever, you guys know everything.

ps. c4 vette would run mid-high 13s. either you raced from a dead stop to 50mph lol or the guy in the vette cannot drive or it's auto.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
450 to the wheels for $2500 is like 510hp. you think that's bad? go get a calculator and see how much it'd take to make that kinda power out of the wrx.
Dude, seriously you have been defeated. Seriously, QUIT.......no one cares. It's apparent that you are ignorant to things outside of you own "universe" and you can't accept the fact. Quit flaming on the boards. GO HOME!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 01:38 PM

Dump this piece of shi+
Old 10-13-2005, 02:22 PM

lol. whatever "subie dudes."
you're the ones with a drag racing forum but when someone mentions any cars that would **** yours up in a drag, it's all "subaru's aren't meant for drag racing."
and your little wrxs can't win from a roll. not everyone lives next door to a track. racing for ppl in my area is done on the street if any. you guys are a bunch of hypocrites and sore losers. go get a group hug. you can fit 5 homos in one of your 4 door sedans and have enough room for your drag outfits in the trunk.

again i'm done. until someone says something retarded again. you won't get the last word till it's locked
Old 10-13-2005, 04:00 PM

Talking

you're the ones with a drag racing forum but when someone mentions any cars that would **** yours up in a drag, it's all "subaru's aren't meant for drag racing."
and your little wrxs can't win from a roll. not everyone lives next door to a track. racing for ppl in my area is done on the street if any. you guys are a bunch of hypocrites and sore losers. go get a group hug. you can fit 5 homos in one of your 4 door sedans and have enough room for your drag outfits in the trunk.

again i'm done. until someone says something retarded again. you won't get the last word till it's locked
Small man, Big mouth
Old 10-13-2005, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by lovesmysuby04
Dump this piece of shi+
+1

and your little wrxs can't win from a roll
. not everyone lives next door to a track. racing for ppl in my area is done on the street if any. you guys are a bunch of hypocrites and sore losers. go get a group hug. you can fit 5 homos in one of your 4 door sedans and have enough room for your drag outfits in the trunk.

you see, this is your problem.....YOU are the one that cant admit to a "lesser vehicle" being able to beat up on your mustang. We NEVER said Subies CANT be beat, nor did anyone ever say that they were the fastest cars out there, YOU were the only one to say that WRX's CANT win........period......which is complete and total BS in every aspect of the phrase. I have beaten my share of mustangs, as have many of the members here......so I know you are full of ****. Get off of your high horse....Mustangs are NOT unbeatable.....its as simple as that......its comments like this, that reveal your true inexperience.....talk all you want, but we all know, based on the "facts" that you provided that you are so full of **** that your eyes are brown. (insert typical juvenile rebuttal here) Not to mention that you dont know diddly squat about what factors actually contribute to making a car (ANY CAR) fast. You say HP per liter doesnt matter? Then please explain to me how it works. If you increase the horsepower level of your engine, you are increasing the HP per Liter of displacement ratio, thus ultimately making the car "just Faster" as you put it. Actually lemme quote that:

again hp per liter doesn't matter when the cobra is still the faster car, bottom line. u make up great excuses that the subaru is made so great this and that 2.0 liters, wow. who cares. it's still slow. yea you gotta change your turbo and do all the bolt-ons to beat a stock cobra of any year. then do the bolt-ons to the cobra N/A and you'd still lose. as for 03/04, change the pulley and do some bolt-ons and no sti even will touch it.
Bottom line eh.....LMAO.....and where does this info come from? The magical mustang gods from Mt. Olympus? First of all, moron did you even TRY reading the stuff I posted/linked to on the Ariel Atom (HONDA 2.0Liter n/a)? And THAT car beat everything it was put up against with the exception of the Ferrari Enzo....and even then it was only 1/2 second slower around the track! And that means it would run circles around your mustang all day long whether you like it or not (with or without your boltons, and that was STILL only a measly 2.0L).

I'm done wasting my time with someone that is too damn close-minded and ignorant to know when he is wrong. So you keep thinking your car is unbeatable, and dont cry too much when you get spanked by some import that you try to pick on. Peace.

MODS....please close this thread, its a waste of time and energy....
Old 10-13-2005, 04:40 PM

MODS....please close this thread, its a waste of time and energy.... [/QUOTE]

Seconds this
Old 10-13-2005, 04:45 PM

so the ariel atom would be a concept car and doesnt count according to you guys.

ha

I know what hp per liter is. i am just saying in general. the v8 is gonna make more power than your "efficient" little 4 cyl no matter what. meaning hp/liter doesnt matter when the v8 is more powerful. that's like saying you car is faster cuz it gets better gas mileage. wow a cobra's motor is less efficient than yours, but guess what it will always double your hp mod for mod. yea i'm sooooo stupid cuz i don't like imports as they are a waste of time trying to make fast as much as this has been.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:00 PM

Thumbs down

Lets drop the suby for a moment. How's about you racing a supra or a skyline. I guess those are crappy imports that can't achieve over 1000 hp and even stock vs. stock would crush your cobra. I've seen a suby run 9 sec. in 1/4 mile but it dosen't matter cause that wouldn't beat your cobra. Dose your cobra spit in your face when it gets beat by an import?Moron
Old 10-13-2005, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

so the ariel atom would be a concept car and doesnt count according to you guys.

ha

I know what hp per liter is. i am just saying in general. the v8 is gonna make more power than your "efficient" little 4 cyl no matter what. meaning hp/liter doesnt matter when the v8 is more powerful. that's like saying you car is faster cuz it gets better gas mileage. wow a cobra's motor is less efficient than yours, but guess what it will always double your hp mod for mod. yea i'm sooooo stupid cuz i don't like imports as they are a waste of time trying to make fast as much as this has been.

uh, no.....the Ariel Atom is NOT a concept car, you can go buy one right now actually....Here's the number incase you wanna find out for yourself....
541-482-9555 x315 and here's a link to all the dealerships around the world....

http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/dealers.htm

Make sure you are sitting down and have a box of kleenex handy before you read this next link:

Also, click this link and read the first 3 paragraphs, it speaks for itself....esp. with a title like "The Worlds Quickest Car?"
http://www.ariel.us.com/04/latest_01_04.htm
Old 10-13-2005, 05:08 PM

Can I lick your tears cause they would taste so sweet. ummmmmm The sweet taste of defeat.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
motortrend... are you kidding....

you guys are comparing stats from the worst magazine of all.

done replying on this thread

03 cobra = 430 hp. FACT. .
what happened to done replying on this thread?? these people are not attacking unprovoked, but your I.Q. level is not worth stooping down to your level. my wagon smokes all mustangs at my 1/4 mi. track. and i'm not even a drag racer. i race auto-x. all their shallow-minded redneck drivers cannot believe that my 5door wagon import smokes them on thr 1/4 mi. again, they may be bad drivers, but nonetheless who else brought the car to the track thinking high allmighty thoughts??

troll, go play on the freeway with a blindfold.

Quick Reply: sti or svt (1/4-mile)