Anyone run a RX-8 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
They look nice except if you live in a state that requires a license plate in the front and back, cause you'll have the Bugs Bunny look goin on in the front of the RX8. As for me, too much money for too little torque.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester Sports 2.5 XT
This should explain the rotary to ya!

http://travel.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm
Old 11-04-2003, 11:37 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I dont know, its pretty quick and handles damn well, and the interior is definatly better than the WRX... I'd take one as a 2nd car any day.

Oh and latest word on the RX-7 is that its a no-go.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:30 PM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
my freind sells them, here is the low down from him, stop light to stop light my rs will take an rx8, on the highway, moving along at 50 60 he will eat you up, it is a great highway speed machine, if you were to autocross one it will most likely kill a wrx. it needs those rpms. i think this engine should have been put into the body style of the previous one. also look for the coupe one, it has 2 doors and is supposedly convertable. ooh yeah the dealership were going to buy back the rx8 like stated before because of the hp descrepance.
but **** it is still a nice whip even if it is not 250 and it is like 240 big deal.
another thing supposedly they raced a rx8 and a cobra, the .25 mile the cobra killed it, and on the road course the rx8 smoked the cobra so ooh well how much will you spend to go how fast. i do not know how much just .25 mile driiving you all do.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:23 AM

I raced an RX8 three times last week in my STi. I gave him the jump each time. By the middle of 2nd gear, I walked past him pretty hard. I got about 3 cars ahead of him by 70-80mph. We repeated this 2 more times. Me giving him the jump off the line and then passing him in 2nd gear on my way to a 3-4 car lead at 70-80mph.

So if your looking for something that is going to hang with an EVO or STi its not your car. I made him look pretty slow.
So I would rather spend a little more money and get an EVO or a STi.

Quick Reply: Anyone run a RX-8 yet?