Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

rear sti brake conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 PM

Car Info: 07SubiWRX
Exclamation rear sti brake conversion

i am thinking about converting my brakes from my wrx to the sti brake system. the front is direct bolt on. but the back might not be, does anyone know if you have to just replace the axels or just the hubs, ect. to do this swap? or, are the direct bolt on like the front.
thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX, blue
well this is just a guess but here it goes: I think you need the hub to mount the rotor and caliper and if that is the you will probally need an axle mod to get it to fit on. or just a mod to the wrx hub like a bracket or somthing do a search I am sure this not the first time this has been asked. additionally, I also question the parking brake ability to hook up to all this modified stuff. To tell you the truth I would just get an after market kit made to work on the wrx
Old 09-04-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jizzo_02SubiWRX
i am thinking about converting my brakes from my wrx to the sti brake system. the front is direct bolt on. but the back might not be, does anyone know if you have to just replace the axels or just the hubs, ect. to do this swap? or, are the direct bolt on like the front.
thanks
you either need an adapter bracket for the brembos to mount to your stock rear hubs, or you need to change the hubs/axles/rear diff out as well (make sure to keep the right FD)
the ebrake works fine btw.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Car Info: '04 STi - RallyX beast
I've actually done a conversion the other way *from* brembos on the STi. Swapping the rears is a big deal including hubs and so on. Your best bet might be to go with a WRX rear upgrade kit (stoptek, brembo, willwood, etc) which will put a larger rear disc over the existing ebrake assembly. You could also use the Subaru 2-pot rears that will swap over with no problems. Brembo also make a rear that will fit perfectly that's not the STi brembo.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:41 PM

Car Info: 07SubiWRX
the reason i wanted to know if you could do it was, i can get the rear set up, calpiers, rotors, an bradied lines for 500.00 i think its a lot cheaper than buying a kit. thanks for the update