Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

Impreza 2.0R 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:31 AM

Car Info: Impreza 2.0R 2006
Question Impreza 2.0R 2006

I have 2.0R 2006 ,I want intake air system kits for my car but i tried so many times on net searching in it but nothing found...help
Other thing If I want to remove the front and center exhaust system and fix straight pipe with a sport muffler (magna flow) ,is the power will lost ( engine pressure) or the horse power increase?...thanks
Old 01-23-2006, 03:12 PM

Car Info: Impreza 2.0
Is that engine the same as the JDM 2.0R !!
cuz the JDM one is making 190 HP without turbo ...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Farran
I have 2.0R 2006 ,I want intake air system kits for my car but i tried so many times on net searching in it but nothing found...help
Other thing If I want to remove the front and center exhaust system and fix straight pipe with a sport muffler (magna flow) ,is the power will lost ( engine pressure) or the horse power increase?...thanks
Farran, you are a lucky fellow.

Now the AVCS in your car is sweet, but I am not quite sure if your car is max out.

Can you give me your injector model numbers, including if there are top or side feed?

Can you take a picture of the engine?

Give us your engine number. Is it EJ204?

I have a 2000 2.0R.

You can use a sports filter. Let me say that you will need high octane gas, which most probably what you have there.

You can use a K&N dropin sport filter in the stock box.

Actually, you will gain all round.

I would go from the 4-2-1 header to the exhaust. You can go w/ 2.5" piping to a HKS Carbon Ti with at least one resonator in there.

Do you have a manual?

Do you have any EcuTek/GtechPro dyno graphs?

Get the logging software and the cable from here and post a log on tari site.

http://openecu.org/
http://www.tari.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Does your engine looks like this?

Last edited by west_minist; 01-24-2006 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Question

west_minist, from where you bought that engine and for how much $$, cuz I want to put that eninge in my car soon (( maybe in mid of 2006 )). cuz it sound good when you have a 2.0 that makes 190 hp without turbo

and Ya he is from kuwait so I guess they have high octane gas (( 97 oct ))
Old 01-24-2006, 02:08 PM

I both the car with it. It is call in JDM SRX or WRX NA.

Import from Japan to the Caribbean.

We do not get them here, I guess because of the octane levels. Trinidad might get them, but not other parts, since the octane of over 96 cannot be guarantee.

We might be getting like 86-89 here.

My version is 155ps 196nm, while his own is 190ps 196nm.

The hp came about due to compression and tunning.

Thats why I want to see his logging.

Even a video will do.

It would be better to get a wrx engine or so.

Because I did not test the car when stock for power and I have a 4EAT auto, I am losing a fair bit of power.

With Dyno tools and Gtech Pro, I a little over 100bhp and 134nm.

Low reading w/ exhaust only and just after I had it, was 90bhp 100+nm

So I do not know if I have 170ps and 210nm now. I plan to put it in FWD and so a dyno and see.

We do not have 4wd dyno here and I do not know how to calculate flywheel hp from 4eat or even what the concensous loss are.

Last edited by west_minist; 01-24-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:21 AM

Any updates
Old 01-29-2006, 05:50 AM

To post pics, use http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com
Old 01-31-2006, 06:27 AM

Ok Farran!

Here is his engine pics. We still need to see what inside looks like.

Go into the passenger side and take come pics of the ecu.

OK.

I would start of in getting some dyno's. You can either get the Gtech Pro or do to a place that does dyno's

You need to get a baseline before any other changes.
At least 10-20 runs in difference conditions, to get some good data for future reference.

I would start with a K&N Filter. Measure your filter dimensions and do to www.kandnfilter.com to get that filter.

Can your car be loud? If not, get a quiet exhaust, but I would highly recommend getting a HKS Carbon Ti for NA or Turbo muffler and increase your piping to 2.25". Find out what size it is right now. Change the piping from the header to the muffler. Check to see if you have any cat sensors.

Next step is a Ajustable Fuel Regulator along with the Innovate LC1 & XD1 (Kit) (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...me.php?cat=252) and later on, a Blitz R-FIT for fuel controlling (http://www.blitz-performance.com/Blitz_RFIT.htm).

Also include in there a Grounding kit like HKS Circular Earth system (http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1506&rsku=0) and Sun Automobile HVS - MR (http://www.intakeone.com/Denso/SunHVS.html) for voltage stability.

There is other stuff, but I would like to see your Dyno graphs first.

With the filter and exhaust, you will be well over 200hp for sure, with alot of torque.
Attached Thumbnails Impreza 2.0R 2006-engine-view.jpg   Impreza 2.0R 2006-intake-manifold-view.jpg   Impreza 2.0R 2006-intake-view.jpg   Impreza 2.0R 2006-side-engine-view.jpg  

Last edited by west_minist; 02-16-2006 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:49 PM

Farran!

You have to post something. It feels like weeks now
Old 02-18-2006, 05:00 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2.0L 2006(manual)
Helow west_minist

i just bought my subaru impreza be4 couple of days its 2006 2.0L (Manual Gear) and i asked about the engine hp it's 160hp for the 2.0 and i have the same engine Farren have and the RPM till 9 x1000 , and i will go soon and get the dyno test if u need it n please tell me can i add a full turbocharger for my 2.0L Bcoz i searched for it in the internet and didnt find nothing for it

With Respect
Moe G.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:58 PM

I am not sure if that engine is the same as JDM, but you may be running 11.5:1 compression. Check your manual and post what it stated. A scan would be good.

Even @ 10.8:1 which is my own, I would say you can turbocharge it, but the ecu tuning does prohibit running a turbo in close loop.

What you can do is to going to WRX or STI pistons or do like mee soon, go with a USDM 2.5L STI short block and turbocharge from there with a new ecu or a complete swapped.

The really problem is the ECU. Can you do logging witht he ecu using tools like EcuTek and EcuExpoler? http://www.tari.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

If you can do a dyno, that would be great. It would have to be a AWD dyno since you may not be able to to FWD like me.

Post your transmission # on the plate in the engine bay and do a video of a drive if you can.

Do you Farran? Can you meet up with him?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:12 PM

For turbo, I was think of putting together my kit now.

But my problem again is the ECU. I am looking at the Elementtuning.com Hydra.

The Nemesis Hyra 2.5 (soon to be release) is a great product and is up there with Autronic and Motec.

I would like one control, but I was thinking of getting the IHI VF34 and turbocharge with a HKS EVC 45003-AK004 to control my boost up to 5psi and only come on after 4000rpm till 7000 and a fuel controller. Rallitek have a nice unit that can do both, including timing. PerfectPower7 . Open Loop for me is after 3800 rpm @ Full throttle and after 4500 for sure below half throttle. I can control fuel from there. I think by doing that, would land me any where around 220ps. For sure, I would be doing w/ a front mount intercooler, Auto tranny cooler and oil cooler, especially the tranny cooler.

If you want to, not sure why you didn't buy the wrx in the first place, we can work together to get you turbo, if you do not want to swapped and so on and want this as a project.

But I will say, it is useless, since you will have high compression. If you had 9 or even 9.1:1 compression, that would still work, but we are too high and for me, it just better to get a 2.5L block and work from there.

Let us know your thoughts. I will post my EcuTek and GtechPro dyno's in the other thread, including a early 2005 1/4mi run.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:40 PM

Here are my runs on a JDM 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.0L WRX NA/SRX Automatic with:

1) Custom 2.25" piping from header to Exhaust
2) HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust for NA models
3) 2x 2.5" internal Resonators - Magnaflow and Summit Racing
4) K&N Dropin Sport Panel filter
5) HKS Fuel Control - to combat pinging in CL. Did not work
6) Innovate LC-1 & XD-16 (Installed in December 2005)
7) Full STI Adj. Suspension
8) Whiteline Endlinks, ALK

All runs were in the evening where the temperature was around 28 degree celsius. Car works better in the night. It really pulls.

Car has AVCS + coil per spark plug
Attached Thumbnails Impreza 2.0R 2006-dyno-ej204-automatic.jpg   Impreza 2.0R 2006-dyno-ej204-automatic-hp.jpg   Impreza 2.0R 2006-dyno-ej204-automatic-tq.jpg   Impreza 2.0R 2006-2000-ej204-auto-gtechpro-dyno.jpg  
Attached Images  
Attached Files
File Type: txt

Last edited by west_minist; 02-18-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chillin_dude
Helow west_minist

i just bought my subaru impreza be4 couple of days its 2006 2.0L (Manual Gear) and i asked about the engine hp it's 160hp for the 2.0 and i have the same engine Farren have and the RPM till 9 x1000 , and i will go soon and get the dyno test if u need it n please tell me can i add a full turbocharger for my 2.0L Bcoz i searched for it in the internet and didnt find nothing for it

With Respect
Moe G.
luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .....
I wish i had your engine
so how much you bought your car Mohamed ....... I bought mine 3 years ago for 49000 SR (( 2.0 full option with WRX seats and 5 MT ))
and by the way .... whats the redline of your engine ?? is it around 7000rpm !
Old 02-19-2006, 11:36 AM

We are all in that range, not only him. I think his redline is 7500, while my own is 7200.

But these cars are happy reving.

Which one you have? the 136hp one?

Quick Reply: Impreza 2.0R 2006