Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

the ej22...and the 22b.....how waht HUH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:13 PM

Car Info: GC's
Are u running 32psi all the time daily driven? I heard more than 25 it will bend a rod. How much HP do u have at 32? Did u get the block out of a legacy? If so was it the 91? Why did u choose the 98 RS DOHC over the RS SOHC?
Old 09-02-2004, 06:24 AM

Car Info: sti
hey man,for the wide body tr this http://www.takakaira.com/aerokits/ae...menu.asp?cat=7 go to DO-LUCK or BURN-UP
Old 09-02-2004, 08:47 PM

I asked about the 91 block specifically because I was told that one came stock with the factory oil cooler (which not even the 22B had¿). Could you explain in further detail about the rear end ive never heard of someone dealing with the wrong one or anything. I know you can still use the stock RS tranny as long as your very nice and thats only for a limited amount of time. What tranny did u put it? Ive heard of people using this block with 25psi as a dailey driver, and basically my goal with this is No.1 to build a monster and No.2 To keep this as my daily driver because i fricken love this car. Is there a difference betweent the 99 SOHC and the 00? I know the 99 run on a MAF like the 98 even though the 98 is a bit better, but cost wise I would like to keep my heads unless it makes that much of a difference. What about the new STi, how do the heads on that compare to mine and yours. I don't know a lot about cars but know some of the basics ive never had any schooling but plan on teaching myself along with a good buddy of mine who is a another subaru fanatic. So about the rear end are you talking about the rear differentials and axels? Dont i already have an LSD in the rear? And what did u mean of car height?
Old 09-03-2004, 03:16 AM

What tranny would you recommend? Also do you think the EJ22T is the way to go? A buddy of mine is going on his 5th subaru, now getting an RS, all Legacy's before. We will pretty much be doing this project together, i brought the EJ22T idea to him after seeing Wedge's website from rs25 ( http://users.adelphia.net/~wedge138/ ) Basically I want a monster, an extremely hardcore daily driver and I want to make sure im going in the right direction. As far as getting a 22B ide love one, but 50g's and having to bother with converting it to the left side hopefully later down the line ha ha. You've been very helpful, im sure ill be researching this project for another year before I can get my feet wet. Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:58 AM

Car Info: POS
I know this is a dead thread but here is a 22B for sale

http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...034;p=1#000006
Old 05-15-2005, 09:55 AM

well it's highly illegal, but they would have a hard time proving you did anything wrong. Since you could take all the parts off a 22b and put them onto a USDM impreza coupe and get essentially the same car. but why swap all the parts when you could just switch vins numbers? not to mention the seem welded chassis. As for the right hand drive, they are illegal to import except the skyline or cars 25 years or older. but they don't say anything about converting a car already in the US. i think you could get by with saying you baught the car off a postal worker.

Speaking of skylines i think the key there is to get one from Canada. Canada has the same laws as we do but instead of 25 years or older, they can import anything as long as its 15 years or older. So 1989 and 1990 R32 GTRs probably can be snuck down. They wouldn't pay much attention since people buy cars from Canada all the time.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:27 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Right hand drive is not illegal actually. It's the lack of crash testing and emissions requirements that keep foreign market cars out.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Right hand drive is not illegal actually. It's the lack of crash testing and emissions requirements that keep foreign market cars out.
If RHD was illegal, the Postman would be headed to jail!

:-)

Quick Reply: the ej22...and the 22b.....how waht HUH?