Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

2.5 2.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 08:34 PM

Car Info: 1998 Impreza L EJ22
www.nippon-motors.com has some good deals
Old 05-13-2004, 09:56 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
http://www.4subarusuzukikiaparts.com/
Old 05-15-2004, 09:03 AM

We sell standard shortblocks as well as staged packages.

-Mike
www.axispowerracing.net
Old 08-01-2004, 10:29 PM

this question is for axispowerracing iam trying to find what would be better for the street everyday driver a 2.2 or sti motor everynow and then a couple runs down the quarter mile i have a vf 22,nitrous,ecutech,turbo back exhaust,up pipe,fuel pump up grade and sti inj.ive posted in conversion but no answers.iam deployed in iraq and will be home very shortly and have the cash to this i would like to run hi mid 11s or low 12s thanks
Old 08-02-2004, 12:45 AM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Originally Posted by noxwagon
this question is for axispowerracing iam trying to find what would be better for the street everyday driver a 2.2 or sti motor everynow and then a couple runs down the quarter mile i have a vf 22,nitrous,ecutech,turbo back exhaust,up pipe,fuel pump up grade and sti inj.ive posted in conversion but no answers.iam deployed in iraq and will be home very shortly and have the cash to this i would like to run hi mid 11s or low 12s thanks
First off get rid of the nos unless you want a detonated motor

I suppose 11's would be easier with the torque from the ej25t. You could probably accomplish this with the highoutput kits for 430whp?? bhp?? i forget.

Kits you may want to look at are easystreet and xcelleration for just the numbers on times. I think easystreet guarentees some hp figures with their tuned blocks. Majorly expensive though.

Btw easystreet's wrx is that red thing on the homepage
Old 08-02-2004, 09:19 AM

You can do what you are looking for on the stock ej257 block, but it must be tuned perfectly.

I would drop the nos, unless you plan on running less than 75 shot. Stock ej 257 pistons don't like it very much.

Ron
www.axispowerracing.net
Old 08-04-2004, 10:26 PM

ron i looked at your web page,it was great which of your custom short blocks would suit me better iam looking for upgraded pistions and rods,for a little more boost ,and thanks to roadspike for your comments.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:23 PM

How big of a motor you wanting and how much boost you want to run?
Old 08-05-2004, 11:14 PM

axispower ron,25 to 35 psi if that with-in reason also somthing like a 2.5 motor,for the torque,or if a 2.2 would work i know it all cost cash but like everyone the most bang for the buck,but i do want better rods and pistions.but also keep in mind i would use this thing on the street but i would understand the varibles fuel being a major one.i also understand that the higher the boost also the fuel grade must be better.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:47 AM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Originally Posted by noxwagon
axispower ron,25 to 35 psi if that with-in reason also somthing like a 2.5 motor,for the torque,or if a 2.2 would work i know it all cost cash but like everyone the most bang for the buck,but i do want better rods and pistions.but also keep in mind i would use this thing on the street but i would understand the varibles fuel being a major one.i also understand that the higher the boost also the fuel grade must be better.

With as much power as your asking driving on the street could be pretty tedious. I remember driving a friends hoped up wrx on just a level 2 stage system and i can say that the car was more than happy to instantly put you over the desired speed limited.

Just something to consider... i dont know though maybe you can get used to the explosive power its sure to produce
Old 08-06-2004, 12:32 PM

iam a power junkie ive have some quick cars and a serious mod hyabusa that i use on the street i cant get from the power my foot controls the gas and my hand controls the throttle but i like knowing i have it if i want it,it sooo much fun to see the faces on vettes and other hi end cars drivers(hehe)i know,i have a LT1 vette and this wrx gave me a run but that other story.but out of all the vehicles ive owned this is the most fun.and my son likes it the best.but thanks for the advice roadspike take care.