So i got fired...

Old 12-19-2009, 03:28 PM

Car Info: EQ Built/Tuned WRX
So i got fired...

I got fired from guitar center in modesto about a month ago... the reason that the manager said he didnt want to keep me was because of my sales performance. He wanted me to sell close to $27,000 by myself each month, I worked in the drum dept and it was impossible now a days to even reach $15,000. I just got a paper from unemplyment, and i got denied. The reason on the unemployment paper was that i got denied because of attendance, which i was late a couple times because i havent had my car for about three months, its been at eq tuning getting my motor work done. I drove a 98 neon that broke down on me like 3 times, which caused me to be late. Anyways on the last write up he had told me that one of the things that i need to work on is to eat healthier... Now my question to you guys, can he tell me this? thats like border line discrimination, ya i might have gained a couple pounds while working there... still i dont think he can tell me that. Also i got denied for unemployment because of attendance, but the reason he told me was cause sales performance. What do i do??
Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
first off we can put this in the right section..

moving to the Central forum.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
He can say whatever he likes but it's what he says that can help and or hurt you. You can always fight the claim. Don't be intimidated. If he is discriminating fight it. You may not end up with the full amount. You may not get unemployment for an extended term. Good luck
Old 12-19-2009, 04:22 PM

Car Info: AP1 S2k
Fight it. Take him to court. My buddy got fired for leaving one lug nut loose but they blamed him for destroying an engine.. he took gen manager of toy to court and won the fight. Just do what u can and defend your unemployment.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
The employer can deny your claim for whatever reason. At that time the claim is dead until you fight it. Happens all the time... Especially with retard retail mangers. That guitar center is and has been a mess for years due to a variety of reasons. Be happy you are gone from there and fight for what you are entitled to.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 AM

Thanks guys for the info. I will fight it, and im ready to roll... and yes i am extremely happy to be out of that dump. It was the worst job ive ever had, as a musician i loved to go there, now that ive worked there and got fired, never again will i ever shop there again. My 18 month old son can run the store hell of a lot better than the store manager there. The only thing i got out of it is all my music equipment at cost...
Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
SOrry to hear about the job. Employers who deny unemployment benefits are jack holes.

Sidenote:
Three months is a long time for motor work.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:54 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by ipozestu
SOrry to hear about the job. Employers who deny unemployment benefits are jack holes.

Sidenote:
Three months is a long time for motor work.
No ****...I was thinking the same thing.

Send in your appeal to the unemployment folks asap.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
If you were not meeting the sales quota, its completely understandable that you got fired. The "eat healthier" comment may have been so that you would have more energy so your sales performance would improve, not a "you're getting fat and we can't have that" comment. That said, sorry to hear that you lost your job. Good luck finding another one.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
sucks you lost your job, but get a new job ASAP, even if it's just flipping burgers. a lapse of employment in your work history is a BAD thing...

that said, you have an 18 month old kid, the #1 priority in your life should be taking care of your family. if that means you have to drive a boring *** reliable used corolla to burger king to put food on the table - do it!
Old 12-20-2009, 04:37 PM

ya you guys are right, i am looking for a job... its been tough, luckily ive saved money in case of anything like this happening. Anybody know of any jobs, please let me know!! thanks. About the motor work, it was more of fixing a BIG problem that had occured when i got my motor work done the first time. I got screwed badly, and now im paying for it, shouldve gone to eq tuning the first time, and all wouldve been great.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Sorry to hear you lose your job. It's a bad time to be unemployed.

Denial of unemployment happens all the time, just appeal, they are on your side...chance of losing it is small if there is no paperwork trail for them to point at.

Good Luck.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:01 PM

ya i never got any type of termination paper, nor did i ever sign the last correction because they never asked me to. So they really dont have any proof of being fired for attendance, even though the store manager told me i was getting fired for sales performance.