The Official "209" Area Sightings Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 03 wrex
Cant recal any scoobs runnin around town that i dont already know who drives them. But as far as our own forum for central cali, i did have one up and it was building but the guy that did the hosting for me quick hosting and took it down so now im just in the market to get another host. but when i get it back up its www.subywrex.com

ill post when its back up. heres some pics of some of us meetin up:

Name:  sub14.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  subies.gif
Views: 34
Size:  209.6 KB
Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 PM

Car Info: MY00 2.5RS AW
Originally Posted by PlatNmRex
Lazer,
I completely disagree,
Wheras we are indeed close to the bay area and Sac this does not mean we should have to revolve around them. Obviously we are not as large as them and won't be for some time, but there are PLENTY of Subarus in this area. Why on EARTH should Alaska and Puerto Rico get their own thread when we have fifty times their amount of Subarus?
There always has to be a place to start. The central valley is growing rapidly and I demand a way to better organize ourselves into a community just like Sacramento and Bay area are privileged to. We can still go to their meets, participate in their Norcal classifieds and talk in the tech forums but we have to start sometime and somewhere!
-Brian
Brian-

Deeply apologize for the m/t. When I said that, I was refferring to the area that I live in, and the cities that I travel to, not addressing the rest of ya'll. coh? let's do it then. I'm down as long as your down, personally, I wouldn't mind having a section for ourselves. And besides the point, I drive a 2.5RS, but I still love coming here. Anyways, do as you will, and you have my support.

-Ty
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM

White STi on morada, turned left on holman smashing really bad

Blue WRX always parked in the Sherwood mall parking lot

Blue 07 STi coming out of the delta parking lot
Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX E85 VF34
Lazer Drops,
I read my response to you and it looked MUCH different than I intended....kinda looked like an angry Russian communist speaking propaganda or something. With the exclamations I was intending more excitement than contempt. Are you in the Central Valley area? Thanks for posting in my site suggestions and feedback thread : )
Later,
-Brian
Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 PM

LoL, well despite that I did indeed think you were yelling @ me, I had hope that once I saw you were 23, you actually meant to treat it in a more civilized manner haha. But no on a more serious note, after reading your posts in the site sugg. thread, it started becoming evident to me your true goals. Anyways, it's Very nice to see a new person in town ! Despite it being~15 minutes away (since the location that I hang out in stockton, is a little more north of stockton [consider cen stock.... sort of? lol]). But we should definitely meet up sometime, and get some things going. IE local meets, drives, bbq's, etc. even just to go and chill, watch a movie, stuff like that. If we can get the community involved, I believe it'd be a positive output for the site itself as well, since it is the site's members, in their specific regions, that keeps the site alive.

=Ty=
Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 PM

I feel bad now,
This is the one thing I don't like about forums. Alot gets lost in translation. It's like back in High School when I'd get in an online fight with my Girlfriend on AIM
I was definitely just showing my enthusiasm and it showed up wrong on my post. Have you ever been to any of the Turlock InNOut meets?
-Brian
Old 10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
banned

Car Info: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
What's up with all the WRXs in Turlock now? I used to know everyone, but there's too many new people!

Just saw a nice black STI come through my apt complex tonight around 6:30pm. Really nice sounding exhaust also!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:07 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
blue sti in angels..i threw up the duece and it was returned...u were a dark haired guy wit a mustache..i see u everywhere and u always throw up the duece too...im happy to see not only enthusiasts understand the connections!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:05 PM

I saw Jose in his Blue bugeye with CF hood here in Oakdale
I was driving the 89 Taurus and I think he laughed at me
Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by PlatNmRex
I feel bad now,
This is the one thing I don't like about forums. Alot gets lost in translation. It's like back in High School when I'd get in an online fight with my Girlfriend on AIM
I was definitely just showing my enthusiasm and it showed up wrong on my post. Have you ever been to any of the Turlock InNOut meets?
-Brian

LoL, it's alright. What caught me off guard was the exclamation mark in it, since I wasn't sure if it was jokingly said, or if I should imagine someone yelling @ me haha. But it's all good, to answer your question, I haven't been to any of the Turlock meets, but perhaps I shall have to see. What do they usually do, and how many guys usually show up?

I might be interested, I've only been to a FF meet, and a couple of running free meets, but thats in sac. This ofcourse excluding all local meets here in the 209.

-Ty
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lazer_drops22
LoL, it's alright. What caught me off guard was the exclamation mark in it, since I wasn't sure if it was jokingly said, or if I should imagine someone yelling @ me haha. But it's all good, to answer your question, I haven't been to any of the Turlock meets, but perhaps I shall have to see. What do they usually do, and how many guys usually show up?

I might be interested, I've only been to a FF meet, and a couple of running free meets, but thats in sac. This ofcourse excluding all local meets here in the 209.

-Ty
this last meet lots of subies showed up...and it is usually just chillin, and neff may show up again ..but its purdy chill!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
Hey Ty you should stop by at the meet in Turlock. I was there last weekend. It would have been nice to see someone I knew. I felt like a newb and kinda out of place.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by pj21086
Hey Ty you should stop by at the meet in Turlock. I was there last weekend. It would have been nice to see someone I knew. I felt like a newb and kinda out of place.
damn thats one thing i dont like much about the turlock meet vibe and im guilty of it also

is that it seems to split up in clicks and groups making it (im sure) akward to the new folks that dont know anyone.

i think we should all work to make sure our social circles stay open and inviting to the new bees...

i havent been to the meets in the past 3 months but thats cause its on a saturday night haha and well yea, i hope to be at some of the upcoming ones tho
Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 PM

i will jump around next time...click to click, try to meet everyone!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 03 wrex
you guys should check out the sacforcedfed forum. They have a weekly meet with 20 plus guys show up every Thursday night. What the've done is get a hold of the manager at round table and they get a room reserved for the meet. so everyone comes. looks at cars go's in a eats food.

I agree with Zumn! I was getting tired of the meets cause it just ended up being clicks of people that see each other all the time anyway! haha. I tried to make it a point to mingle at this last one and i personally feel the last one was the best one yet!

We just gotta keep guys from revin there **** up and driving back and fourth all night with a cut out exhaust!

Quick Reply: The Official "209" Area Sightings Thread