I need a quick tow. Can anyone help out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 04:28 PM

Car Info: 99 Impreza L
I need a quick tow. Can anyone help out?

I have a project 93 sedan sitting in front of my friend's house and the HOA is *****ing. I have AAA roadside service and they said they can't tow a car without a motor. I would just rent a U-Haul tow thangy. But I'm broke as a joke. I just need it towed to my house. He lives like no more than 10 miles away from me. Can anyone help a fellow Subie enthusiast out? Or any suggestions. Thanks ahead of time.

PS: The car and I are located in Stockton
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon, 06 LGT Wagon
Call AAA again, do not say it's non-op or inoperable. I've towed a couple projects same way. The dispatch will ask you lots of questions to avoid a tow. I just say "I know what I'm entitled to so get me a flat bed tow" they normally say sorry immediately and do what they are ordered to do when you bark at them harsh enough.

-Sum
Old 09-04-2013, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by SUMBARU
Call AAA again, do not say it's non-op or inoperable. I've towed a couple projects same way. The dispatch will ask you lots of questions to avoid a tow. I just say "I know what I'm entitled to so get me a flat bed tow" they normally say sorry immediately and do what they are ordered to do when you bark at them harsh enough.

-Sum
Thanks. I'll try it again. The tow truck person didn't say anything?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Got AAA to tow it. Thanks again SUMBARU
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon, 06 LGT Wagon
Yup. No Problem. You know what to do and say next time. I get drivers cracking up on the reason why it's stripped or gutted. It's a project or rolling chassis so they don't actually report it, they just tow it to wherever you want. I had tow truck guys who've taken pics of the projects as a conversation piece.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:12 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
AAA dispatch are just clowns. i cant tell you how many times i asked for a flat bed and they came without or even wheel dollies. another time the guy said he wouldnt tow lowered cars. the guy that DID come to tow knew what he was doing. raising and lowering ramp slowly but surely. got my lowered RS on and off ramp without a scratch. u either get knuckle heads or you get what u needed in the damn first place!

Glad u got it sorted out OP!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by SUMBARU
Yup. No Problem. You know what to do and say next time. I get drivers cracking up on the reason why it's stripped or gutted. It's a project or rolling chassis so they don't actually report it, they just tow it to wherever you want. I had tow truck guys who've taken pics of the projects as a conversation piece.
Hahaha. Dope. Guy that helped me looked pissed already. Lol!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by 02RS25
AAA dispatch are just clowns. i cant tell you how many times i asked for a flat bed and they came without or even wheel dollies. another time the guy said he wouldnt tow lowered cars. the guy that DID come to tow knew what he was doing. raising and lowering ramp slowly but surely. got my lowered RS on and off ramp without a scratch. u either get knuckle heads or you get what u needed in the damn first place!

Glad u got it sorted out OP!
Yup. Thanks for the input.