NJ:98 Legacy Outback Ltd: 5mt, All weather package, leather, 6disk changer/8 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:35 PM

Car Info: NSX, 3 WRXs :eek:, '98 Outback, '96 Legacy wagon
NJ:98 Legacy Outback Ltd: 5mt, All weather package, leather, 6disk changer/8 speakers

Up for sale is my winter daily driver (heated seats...mmmm) I'm planning to buy a Forester XT before this coming winter, so I'm putting the Outback up for sale. I'd like to get $5250 obo for it. The car is paid off, and I have the title in hand. The VIN is 4S3BG6850W6642117. This Outback drives smoothly and has been a great second vehicle for me (well, 5th actually...I have too many cars, lol) . I drive to a half dozen clients a day, and because of this Outback, I didn't miss any appointments with my clients the past two winters, despite several good snow storms. On many occasions they were amazed to see me pulling up in the Outback in the midst of severe weather.

The car is Spruce Pearl Green, and is a 5mt, DOHC EJ25 and has 148k miles. I had the head gasket replaced in December '05 @137k miles (~11k miles ago) with the factory upgraded 5 ply head gaskets. The car always starts up, and has been extremely reliable for me (except for the head gasket failure, which is a given on pre-2000 EJ25's, and has now been dealt with, since I had both sides replaced at the same time). I change the oil every 3-4k miles, and only use Mobil 1 in all my vehicles, including this one. I just put a new battery in it in June. This car came from the factory with the all weather package, which includes heated gray leather seats, heated front/rear windshield wipers, and heated side mirrors. Furthermore, because it is a 30th Anniversary Ltd Edition, it is equipped with an 8 speaker sound system, door puddle lights, dual visor lights, body colored mirrors and door handles, chrome front grill, and different color (Sandstone) two tone paint on the bottom half of the vehicle. For more details about the 30th Anniversary 1998 Outback Ltd, see: http://www.cars101.com/outback_archive98-99.html#new for 1998

I also installed a WRX 6 disk changer head unit, but can include the original head unit with the "weatherband" feature if the buyer wants it. The car currently has silver '04 STi wheels on it, but I do not plan to include these with the sale, as I'd like to keep them for my Forester XT, unless someone makes me an offer that I can't refuse

The vehicle also has the Subaru hood deflector (functional, and really makes the car look tough)

The bad: I noticed a bubble of rust forming under the paint on the roof. Also, the engine has a little valve tick. I hear a wheel bearing woo-woo-woo sound from one of the wheels. The middle of the windshield took a rock the other day, and within hours the crack spread up to the edge of the windshield. I can have this fixed prior to the buyer taking possession of the car. Also, the driver's side leather shows some wear on the side bolster.

I only have exterior shots of the car, but I'll attach some interior pics of the car as soon as I can. As stated above, the STi wheels are not included with the car, unless someone wants to pay fair value for them.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Please email me rather than PM. I work 7 days/week, 80 hours, so I am very busy. Nevertheless, I'll try to keep tabs on this thread and reply promtly to any questions. Thanks,

Mark
crazyfastwrx @ yahoo . com
AIM: annointedWRX

Name:  Popscamera080.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  79.5 KB
Name:  Popscamera081.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  73.0 KB
Name:  Popscamera084.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  77.1 KB

Older pics: Note, I no longer own the jdm Legacy b4 wheels shown on these pics...also, the hood is popped in these pics.

Name:  Popscamera134.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  88.3 KB
Name:  Popscamera135.jpg
Size:  92.2 KB
Name:  Popscamera136.jpg
Size:  71.7 KB
Name:  Popscamera137.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  73.4 KB

Last edited by annointed; 07-19-2006 at 10:16 PM.