Hawaii: 98 Impreza 2.5RS RBP For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 98 RS
Hawaii: 98 Impreza 2.5RS RBP For Sale

I’m putting my car up for sale now, and I would like to sell it ASAP since I have a pending move overseas. Here are the details:

1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe, Rally Blue Pearl
89014 miles on body and motor (motor is original 2.5L DOHC motor).
4EAT (auto trans), power windows, power locks, Clifford remote alarm, power moonroof.
Located in Honolulu, HI.

The car is mostly stock. The mods on the car are as follows:

Exterior:
16" Motegi FF7 wheels
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205x55xR16 tires, ~70% of tread left
KYB adjustable struts
JDM Kouki rear taillights
Clear corners, turn, and side markers (I still have the original amber lights too)
2.5RS badge removed
50% tint on rear, drivers-side rear and passenger-side rear windows (has been tint checked during registration in Hawaii, and passed)
Brake rotor hubs painted black
The hood, front right headlight, and grille are not the original components that came with the car, and were installed as new OEM components from a Subaru Dealer. The car was involved in a minor accident in 2004. The windshield is also not the original windshield. It was installed new 2 years ago due to a small rock hitting the windshield and formed a crack that started running.
The condition of the paint and body are extremely good. There are only a few small door dings, and some small rock chips on the front bumper. No visible rust.

Interior:
JVC KD-R610 headunit. USB plug-in for Android/iphone/ipod, and CD player.
MSI 600watt Amp
Kenwood Speakers
The condition of the interior is also extremely good. No tears on seats, no stains, always kept clean. Driver is a non-smoker.

Engine:
UEL Borla Replica Headers (installed new 1 year ago)
Stromung Axelback single-tip 3" exhaust (installed new 1 year ago). I still have the stock axelback as well, and will provide it if wanted.
Head gaskets replaced (the original ones started to leak recently), new radiator installed, new water pump installed, and piston heads machined. Chad (username "spinplay01" at i-club) did all of the head gasket and engine work in Nov, 2011.

The only current "issue" with the car is that the Airbag light is on, and the car's horn doesn't work. This might be due to a broken clock spring, see this thread for details. There are no other electrical problems with the car, all the lights, signals, radio, etc work.
The car drives great. No steering, engine, accel, breaking, etc issues at all. It has been very reliable in the 10 years I have owned it. The only components I have had to replace (minus the recent headgasket work) have been just normal wear and tear items, such as the front break rotors, brake pads, timing belt, battery, and spark plugs. I had the oil changed every few thousand miles, and it is not burning or leaking any oil. A/C, radio, etc, all work perfectly.
The car has never been raced, rally-crossed or auto-crossed.

As far as vehicle history goes: I am the third owner. The original owner crashed the car on the passenger side, and it was repaired in 1999. I have owned the car since 2002, after the second owner sold the car as a trade-in to a Subaru dealership. I bought the car from that Subaru dealer while I was living in Canada, and the registration at that time (which I still have a copy of) lists the "Vehicle Status" as "repaired". When I moved from Canada to the USA 6 years ago, I imported the car to the USA, and the issuing office gave it a "clean" title. It has been registered as such each year. When I had it imported from Canada to the USA, I also had to have the speedometer/odometer changed. The work was done by Doug Smith Subaru in Utah. The mileage on the car at that time was 86572km(51943miles), so the current odometer reads 37071miles. The car's mileage when the odometer was changed was marked in the driver's side door jamb by the Subaru dealer. I moved from the US mainland to Hawaii 1-1/2 years ago, and I had the car sent by Horizon shipping lines in a car shipping container. I still have all the original service paperwork, car importation paperwork, shipping paperwork, etc. I also have a carfax printout.

Asking price is $2500

I will not part-out or trade. Please contact me at EDIT: sale pending, I will post it back up if the buyer changes his mind
Thanks!!

Last edited by matt2244; 04-25-2012 at 01:06 AM.