Gauging Interest - 2003 - WRX Sedan (Not Running)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 2003 AW WRX - VF39
Gauging Interest - 2003 - WRX Sedan (Not Running)

Hey guys,

Just trying to gauge some interest on whether or not I want to get rid of my car or not. The car is not running! I explain at the bottom of this post. Below are the specs;

2003 Aspen White WRX
5 Speed Manual Transmission
Approximately 170k miles

Mods List:
Megan track coil overs.
White Line Short Shifter
Megan Motor/Tranny Mounts
ACT Advanced Street Clutch w/ Street Light Weight Flywheel
Knock off STi Pink H-Brace, front and rear strut brace
Anti-Lift Kit
STI Uppipe
Fog Covers

So the issue with the car not running...

On 04/12/14 while driving my car from Sunnyvale to San Francisco, it appears I had a large leak some where in a radiator coolant hose and lost all coolant in the vehicle. Unfortunately, because it was late at night, I did not notice all of the smoke trailing behind my car and also did not notice my temperature gauge sky rocketing. The car shut off and I was able to pull it off of the freeway. After getting it towed back to my house in San Jose, I had a buddy of mine, who is a reliable Subaru mechanic and has been my best friend for years on, gave the car look. After doing a few tests and without actually stripping the motor apart, it appears I may have further a bad piston ring problem on two of the four cylinders (zero compression when tested). I may also had a bad head gasket due to the car over heating. The timing belt appears to look okay and has not skipped any of the teeth. One of four spark plugs did have cracked porcelain when being removed (front passenger side spark plug. I was informed this could be from the over heating process). I am not sure if the head on the car is warped at all or what other internal damage I could be looking at regarding the car because I do not have time to pull it apart any further then it already is. The car also has a cracked windshield that will need to be replaced (had nothing to do with over heating. lol).

I do not want to invest any more money into the car at this stage in my life. I am looking to just get rid of it as is and move on to another chapter in my automobile life. Its been fun with this car, but it was the only one I had to commute back and forth to work, and my father is getting upset that I have been using his car for 2 months now. If you want I can send you pics of the car in its current state in my garage or you can swing by my house and check it out if you want. I just really need to get rid of this thing, collect money on it, and move on.

You will obviously need to get it towed to your house.

I really have no clue how much I should be selling this for so I am open to offers. Although I do not want to be low balled ridiculously. This is a project or mechanics special. If you know what your doing, you are going to have this car up and running in no time. So the way I see it, my loss is your gain.

Feel free to text or give me a phone call on my cell phone. Text is usually easier because I work a majority of the day (0730 to 1900 hours.)

Thanks for looking ya'll.

-Dan
Old 06-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Dan, You should post up pictures of the whole car. Also the condition of the interior, exterior, any accidents. Heeck, If I could sell my 4dr automatic rs, I might be willing to buy this depending on asking price. ( I hate seeing subarus get junked or parted out)
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 AM

I'll take some pictures tonight. The car has never been in any serious accidents, I hit a fence. That's all lol. The rear seats are currently taken out (was changing in fuel pump)but I do have the seats still. For anyone interested I will take pics and post here tonight.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:51 PM

bump
Old 06-07-2014, 08:50 PM

Car Info: 02 subaru wrx
Pm sent.