Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:46 AM

Car Info: 2002 Wrx Wagon, used to have 2005 Sti
Mt Hammy!

I am gonna take it to Mt Hammy in SJ !
Old 07-20-2006, 10:17 AM

Car Info: NO CAR
Thumbs down

Florida license plate but the car is in CA?? hmmmm...
Old 07-20-2006, 08:02 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
In florida salvage titles ie: stolen, stripped, or totalled autos do not get listed as such, and so someone can then sell the car once it's repaired/fixed up as a "clean title" auto even if it DOES NOT have a so called clean title. This sounds like a great deal, I would just be very very very cautious approaching something too good to be true. I learned the ins and outs when I was trying to find a "clean" 96 supra TT about 4 years ago. (GL finding a clean supra :P)
Old 07-20-2006, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Bugeye & Kawasaki Z1000
well if there is nothing wrong looks like Moxaball got a great deal. Congrats
Old 07-21-2006, 01:42 PM

Car Info: NO CAR
Hey Moxaball, can you show us some REAL pics of the car once you bring it home?? I am just curious about the deal...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
Originally Posted by ibetterquit
Florida license plate but the car is in CA?? hmmmm...

Military or running from some debts. I would be careful in that thing if someone starts following you.

Also, I would hate for this to happen, be careful because it could be stolen and if that is the case you just lost your money. I really hope that is not the deal though.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:40 PM

Car Info: lowered blk04 with no motor
i live in sacramento let me know, cash in hand. i pick it up 2nite if seems cool
Old 07-21-2006, 02:44 PM

Car Info: lowered blk04 with no motor
Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
Military or running from some debts. I would be careful in that thing if someone starts following you.

Also, I would hate for this to happen, be careful because it could be stolen and if that is the case you just lost your money. I really hope that is not the deal though.

someone follows you. 100s of those car driving around, change the plate
Old 08-05-2006, 09:25 AM

Here's an Update!

The guy reposted it on Craigslist, SF. Did you all see it, I should have posted it. I hope you guys did thing I would fall for his $18,000 scam. He only posted pics not including the plates. Now he send this to me:

Hello,

and thank you for your interest in my car. The subaru looks and runs exactly as new. The title is clean, and you will receive it along with the car, so you will have no problems whatsoever registering it there. This car has ALWAYS been ADULT driven, I am 55 years old. It is fully equipped with all options , 6 disc cd changer , intercooler sprayer , optional short throw shifter , adjustable differential , power windows , locks , mirrors etc.... . The 2.5L 300 horsepower engine in the STI is legendary for it's performance and reliability. This STI is in absolute excellent condition inside and out, it was never involve in any accidents whatsoever, not even minor ones. It has 36,000 miles on it. The vin # is: JF1GD70676L500962. I hope you are serious in your intention for buying, don`t take it personally, but I had many problems with fake buyers in the past. So if you decide on buying the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay`s Safe Purchase program. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. After you receive the car and you inspect it, the money will be released to me, in this way we are both protected. Anyway, the car is available and I guess you could be it`s new owner if everything turns out all right and, again, if you are serious about buying. I am located in Toronto, Canada. I have to move to europe in a month, and i can`t take the car with me there because i can`t register it in europe, as it has US emission standards and specs, non compliant with european standards. My final price on it is 3000$. If you will take this price, I am willing to pay for shipping and insurance to your location. Please get back to me A.S.A.P. if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Marcel Gibbons

6152 Pearl Avenue

City: Toronto

Zip: V5H 5P8

Canada
Old 08-05-2006, 09:27 AM

This is what he wrote me first!

Here's what he wrote for the $18,000 ad:

First of all I need to tell you that I have moved at my parents in Winter Springs, FL after I've lost my job, and the car is locked in a garage in Sacramento, CA, at my old address.

I am selling the car only because I have recently lost my job, and I don't have any savings, the bills and the loans I have to pay are too high. I was forced to move at my parents as I was not able to pay my rent, and right now I need to sell the car as I can't afford it. The price listed is correct $18,000.

I have all maintenance records, there has never been any mechanical problem and the oil has been changed regularly. It was never involved in any accidents. I have a clear title that come with the car so you don't need to worry about this. There are no other payments on the car. You can see more photos at http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...STI/?start=all

The car has the 2.5L Turbocharged engine and a 6 speed manual transmission. It has only 15,300 miles. I am the original owner of the car, it was never smoked in, it drives graat. The car is still covered by the original factory warranty. The car is fully loaded with Dual Zone Electronic Climate Control System, Power full, AWD, DSC, CD Changer, Tinted Windows, Digital Information Center, Cruise Control and much more.

Please email me back and let me know if you're still interested in the car, and tell me your location. If you need me to, I can deliver the car.

Regards,
Dean
Old 08-06-2006, 12:24 AM

Ebay, Deff. a Scam!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subar...09708151QQrdZ1
Old 08-06-2006, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru Wrx
wow thats a preety stupid scam.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 04' Subaru WRX STi
so whats the scam

So did he sell the car.....whats the scam?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
wait, so he went from Sac to Canada to Florida? or why is the car in Sac?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:10 AM

Car Info: Sti hatch
bogus *** deal someone probibly died in the car and they found a totaled sti for the new parts and put some new bumpers and stuff on it. no way that could be real and deankrutty ur a retard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 06 WRX STI for sale - $18,000 - MUST SELL